Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2005 Scrambler Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Scrambler Speed

Yah, i loved goin out and four bying with all my friends and doon bugging it made me feel alive. i was in a car accident and i have spasticity in all extremeties but paralysis in my left leg. It is crazy to have my friends and people i love treat me
like a cripple. they know how much i love the desrt but make excuses about me going. i want to ride again so i am lookin alot for a quad or buggy for parariders so to speak i am glad i finally found a forum that someone talks about it and does it

Old 04-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Littlegrl, Welcome... I don't have a scrammy but do have a magnum, sportsmen and a trailboss... I can only speak of these 3 quads, but the sportsman is the quickest with the nicer ride... My thinking is this, at worst you will be in the back of the pack but atleast your in it... And as you ride more and get used to it you'll evenually be in the middle then front of the pack... I didn't know for sure it I could ride a quad without any problems but its been 4 yrs know and not a single problem... I have yet to find a instance where I'd look up, down or in front and say I don't know about that!!! I quess I'm to stupid or crazy to care...

I don't think its that your friends mean to treat you as a cripple, its more they are worried about you getting hurt, but once you prove you can take care of yourself and "hang with them" then all will be good...

I'd think if you can give one a try, even if just putting around you'd be fine... But once you get your own, watch the jumps...

Have fun be safe and don't let anyone stop you from doing things you love to do no matter what....

Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks, i really need to hear from people, maybe my friends dont mean it but they refuse to even take me out to the desrt at all to even watch the riden, it kills me that they think that i am an involent their not with me 24/7 i appreciate you writin i just gotta find the right one too i only weigh 95 i so i dont need anything heavy duty. where do you all go riden

Old 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

I was just like you... I had to find the right one for my needs and speed wasn't one of them.... I wanted something that was a go almost anywhere type machine... I went with 4x4 (for the mud and snow) winch (just in case I can't go anywhere)

I'd bet the mid size sportsmen would be ideal for you... 4x4 so you don't get stuck and the size is right... It wouldn't keep up with a scrammy but it should do ok...

If you plan to buy new, your best bet would be to head to a dealer and look, test ride and talk to them about your needs... If they won't let you test drive one then go to one that will...