Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Converting dual exhaust to single

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting dual exhaust to single

Okay, personal preference only, the dual muffler set-up that came stock on my 800 Deluxe is too loud for me.

I just picked up a Polaris 800 single muffler and will swap the duals out tomorrow. The dual mufflers will then be up for sale on ebay unless someone here would like them.

They are silver with no damage and have only 11 hours on them. Retail price for them is $491.00, I'll let them go to a member for $350.00 shipped.

Anyone interested please reply to this thread.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

I went from a dual deluxe to a single stealth. I don't think the single is much quieter. I am going to go with an Aaen single after my stealth is out of warranty.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mud Hog

I went from a dual deluxe to a single stealth. I don't think the single is much quieter. I am going to go with an Aaen single after my stealth is out of warranty.</end quote></div>

Let me know how that aaen works for ya. Ive got a big gunn full system and gave me some good wheelie standing snap. who wants to be quite anyway. Let em all know whos boss by rolling in loud....lol
Do u guys get the look when u come into a group? My 800 is only one I've seen here. plus all stickers are gone so people dont know what it is. i love racing those loud obnixous quads. they just loud and no more....hehe sorry had to share it with u guys

Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

We have two 800's and a 700 in the group I ride in. I am adding a Grizz 700 to it on Thursday. I see alot of bigger bikes up in Hurley but they all tend to be the non-locals. I think for two reasons. First the economy up there isn't all that hot so the local people don't have the cash to fork over on the big bikes. Second, they know the area better than us tourists and they know the lighter bikes will make it thru the deep slop way better than our big quads. It's a big spot for atv's with over 200 miles of trails for the beginners all the way to the hardcores.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Not to say that the Stealth 800 has a stealthy exhaust, but it is quieter and has a smoother tone to it than the Deluxe with duals.

Either way, the duals will be up for grabs in two days.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did the single change over cost you?.........Caper........

At least you will get some money back if you sell your duals for 350.00

Old 09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

The new muffler was $131.00 from the dealer and another $16.00 for the gasket (just in case the existing one gets destroyed during removal of the duals.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Pro Rider

That's pretty cheap. I wonder why the retail on the duals is so much higher. I know it is a two into one that splits back into two at a y pipe in the back. Does anyone know the weight savings of going to a single over the duals?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Actually its not even as good as that. It's a 2-into-1 header pipe that goes into the normal single muffler. Only this single muffler has a crossover tube on it that connects with the left side muffler. Unless the dual setup is made of a lighter material, I'd say that removing one muffler would save about 10 pounds.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Okay, I just swapped the mufflers. Each of the stock aluminum looking ones are just as heavy as the black single one. I'm going to ride the ATV to work today so I'll have a sound/ ride report tonight or tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Converting dual exhaust to single