PLEASE HELP POLARIS 'GOOD-WILL WARRANTY' FUEL SYSTEM FAILURE

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARIS 'GOOD-WILL WARRANTY' FUEL SYSTEM FAILURE

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 94harley

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dande

I just came back from my dealer with a bad fuel sensor, my guage quit working and because I have a 2008 500 EFI they have to replace the tank, to the tune of $500+, all because of a sensor....

I only have 135 miles and 39 hours on the thing, this is not reasonable at all & I was told that mine's not the 1st one either and my warranty expired at the end of last Sept.</end quote></div>

I quit my job at the dealership and don't have much info for you. It would be nice if they would warranty your machine because of the low hours/milage but who knows what they will say. In my opinion if you do have to spend the money to fix the sender for that price, I wouldn't do it. My 2 cents. I realize it should have lasted longer than that but for 500 plus dollars, I personally would not fix it.

IF you do have it fixed, get the old tank and keep it. There's a fuel pump in there that may be needed in the future and it's not a serviceable item either according to Polaris(even though it can be fixed without a 500 dollar tank)</end quote></div>

Thanks for the info, I did pass on the fix for a couple of reasons; 1st, I just got layed off last week, 2nd, I'll either try to find a used tank from a salvage service or try to pull it apart and see if the sender can be replaced by me.

I bought a Polaris because I thought that they were a better built machine and it had features that I wanted, the dump box & 2 up, all in 1 machine.