Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler w dynoport clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler w dynoport clutch help

I have a 02 scrambler x with a dynoport pipe and boysen rad valve installed. I am looking for some clutch advice. I primarily use the machine for trail riding. tight trails with some pretty good hill climbs, a little mud holes to play in. I also plow my drive way in the winter. This setup has worked good for plowing as i lose traction well before i lose power. I was thinking of playing with the clutching as I think there is more in this machine. because of the plowing I dont think I want my engagement too high. I wouldn't be opposed to switching it back to stock in the winter if it wasnt too dificult to do. anyone have any ideas?

Old 10-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dynoport is made to work ok with stock clutching but I like Dalton blk/white with Aaen blue secondary and S55 weights(stock)

Old 10-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the reply. i have read a number of your posts and actually decided on the dynoport because of them. so thanks again. what will these changes do to my engagement and how hard is it to change clutches. also my pipe has never seemed to fit quite right, i had to alter the way it mounts at the front of the frame. did you have any problems with yours?

Old 10-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok just to let you know, i dont know much about clutching. i get that a stiffer primary spring causes higher engagemnet but Im trying to wrap my head around the rest. anyone have any good references i can go through to help me understand this. I read in another post by bubba that : "This is absolutely no joke when I say that I put that pipe on, changed the primary clutch spring from the blue/green to a white, put in a set of s-58 weights, and picked up 5-6 bike lengths in a 300ft race." I thought white spring was stock on these machines. man im lost.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

I think Bubba had an older 400 Sport.
The primary spring I mentioned will raise the engagment a little but not much as will the secondary spring raise the top rpms too But will backshift faster.Now if when you do these 2 chages the rpms are more than you want then you can go with hevier weights to bring them down.
to get the pipe lined up better take all the springs off,loosen ALL thwe bolts the start by tightening the head pipe working your way to the rear with the springs.This should line it up better.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

i looked at daltons website and they list 3 different white primary springs:
Part # Pre Load (lbs)@2.5" @2.0" @1.25"

DPPS-P/W 10 lbs 60 lbs 114 lbs

do you know which on you used?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Quad Patrol

I ran the Black with white stripe.Some run the black/orange but it engages higher than I like.