Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman Front Storage Box.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sportsman Front Storage Box.

Anybody have a pic of this FUSE cover??..........I only see the RAD cover and the two shock caps!!.......................Thanks,........Caper. .....

Old 10-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caper it's the same cover, just some bikes have fuses and some don't

Old 10-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Scrammytodd, how do you like your glacier 2 -60" plow. I just ordered the highway plow 56" for my 800x2. Also just picked up thumb warmer and hand grip warmer set and rear bumper. The only thing, I am not sure about the rear bumper as mine is the sportsman x2 with the dump box, I suspect it will not fit, but i will try it. If it does not fit, does anyone have a part number for the rear bumper for a 800x2 with the dump??
As for fuse cover/access panel, like i mentioned previously, i was fiording some deep water a weekend or two ago, and with the front compartment being full it likely held the cover down. Also i try not to go to fast through the water or mud anyway. I like going slow, I found from 4x4ing in my old landrover which i still own, that if i go slow, things tend not to break, thus saving me $$$, lol.
Anywho, thanks in advance for the input on the plow iformation.
Dave out

Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't got the chance to try out the plow yet. My girlfriends Dad has the 56" one way blade and he loves it. Hand and thumbwarmers are the best thing I have ever put on my bike. Even on a cool summer night they make the ride a lot more enjoyable. I don't think the rearbumper will fit the X2 and I don't think Polaris has a rear bumper for them yet.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Scrammytodd, I tried the rear bumper tonight, but not even close for the x2 with dump. I am not to worried, I can always whip something up out of aluminum or stainless or steel. I note when backing up, the lights on the box could be susceptible to damage, so i might try and put a grate or something up around them, the rest of the rear is not to likely to get damaged.
I picked up the hand and thumb warmers yesterday when picking up the bumper, if i get time i will put them on tomorrow. Should be nice, like you say. Friends want me to go when the snow hits up in the hills, and i recall from the prairies, It was nice to have heated visors, grips and seats and vests, mind you it was minus 30 or so on the sleds.
But at speed , it can get pretty cold regardless.
Cheers
Dave out