Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front Diff Oil

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Diff Oil

Well heres the next chapter in my saga LOL I went to another dealer and got the right oil. I was talking to the parts guy there and they put the wrong oil in 2 differant bikes before they figured out it was the wrong fluid and both bikes needed new front diffs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But I bought the oil anyways and flushed it out 6 times. I took it out for a test drive and still no 4wd. So tomorrow I'll be headed back to my dealer for a FREE front diff and a loaner bike so I can still plow. We'll see how that goes over. I also wouldn't mind a refund for the incorrect oil I bought as well as the correct oil I bought today. Personally I don't think I'm asking too much. I have been dealing there for 10 years and have dropped over $15,000 there just this year. I already know that calling Polaris is a waste of time, so I'm hoping on the dealer coming good for this. If not, theres gonna be **** to pay. I've brought 5 new customers to their door in the last year and I'm sure it won't take too much persuading to get them to follow me elsewhere. But hopefully it doesn't come to that. I'll be posting tommorow after I talk to them. Wish me luck!!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Diff Oil

Good LUCK!!!!........I would be intrested to know the other dealer that sold your the correct oil???......PM me maybe???.......As for the dealer going good for it.........Well lets see what will happen there...This will tell you if they want your future sales!!!........Caper........

Old 12-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Well that's a bummer, hop your dealer will make things right for you. Must be something in the older fluid that the newer ADC front diffs don't like, vary sensitive

Old 12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

I don't need to PM anything [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Performance Rec just north of Orillia sold me the correct fluid and Jannsens in Gravenhurst are the ones that have caused all this grief. I'm not saying they are a bad dealer....... But I might after tomorrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll let everyone know tomorrow

Old 12-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Diff Oil

Just think how many people this happened too!!!....Or still will happen in the future!!!.....Real smart move on Polaris ..What were they thinking???........OH wait......I get it!!!!........There not thinking!!!.......Caper.......

Old 12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Well the worst part is the parts guy at P. rec said he called Janssens and all the nearby dealers to warn them about the possibiliy of the problem and nothing was done at Janssens. That really made me happy. lol

Old 12-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Do these bottles of fluid look the same as far as size, labeling, color markings, etc? Really sucks that this happened to you Scrammy.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

I was talking to Polaris about getting an autho number for a rear gearcase in a ranger and while on the phone I ask him about the oil situation for the front gearcases.

He said the new LT oil can go in the older machines, but you can't use the old oil in the new ones. Now the bad part. The old oil can't handle the temps on the adc gearcases. He said try an oil change, if it doesn't work, it's probably damaged. Sounds like gearcase repair time. Sorry Scrammy

Old 12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Well I dropped my bike off today and Friday I'm going back to pick up a SP700. No I didn't buy a new one, they gave me a loaner without me even asking [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And they are going to cover it under warranty [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

awesome make sure they put the correct fluid back in it ... lol

Quick Reply: Front Diff Oil