Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front Diff Oil

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Diff Oil

Is there a differance between PREMIUM DEMAND DRIVE FLUID and DEMAND DRIVE LT PREMIUM FLUID??? My 07 500 Deluxe calls for DEMAND DRIVE LT in the owners manual and my dealer sold me PREMIUM DEMAND DRIVE FLUID in it's place saying it's the same stuff, so I changed the fluid and now I'm having issues with engagment in the front diff. It was getting slow to engage when I was plowing so I changed the fluid aain and now it hardly ever engages and when it does it comes in with a bang. I'm really hoping it's not a roller cage issue, just a fluid issue [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It was fine with the origanal fluid and then it got progressivly worse after the first fluid change and now it's horrible. Sure is hard to plow in 2wd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

hey, your dealer sold you the wrong fluid, that's for the older four-wheel drive. you need the LT demand drive fluid, you have the ADC . hop this helps you

Old 12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

That's what I was thinking too, hopefully it didn't cause any damage cause there was a little bit if fine filings on the drain pulg magnet.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

I would get the right fluid, LT demand drive fluid, soon as possible and change it, change a couple times and see what happens. fine filings is normal, but chunks is not

Old 12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Well I'll be at the dealer tomorrow for sure raising Cain over this. I'm trying to do a few extra driveways with the plow and this is cutting into my profits [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Well I got the right oil ORDERED [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully it won't take too long to come in. I'll flush it a few times and hopefully it'll be good to go.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

so did the parts guy feel bad for selling you the wrong fluid? when you get the right fluid changed a few time let me now how it terns out. Hop it fixes your problem. ............... your just draining the case fluid right, and not the little reservoir for your ADC, that's also a different fluid for that....Active Decent Control Fluid.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

The parts guy is really hard to deal with. He is pretty new and has no understanding of how things work. I kinda have to hold his hand thru everything I order, but he trys hard. I'm sure the entire dealership knows I was upset. It wouldn't be too bad except for the fact that I asked 3 times if it was the correct fluid and everytime they said it was. Now they realize it's wrong and can't do anything but order the fluid and wait. I got them to emergancy order the fluid and if they think I'm paying extra for that, they're wrong. I guess I'll wait and see what happens when it shows up.

And no, I'm changing the case fluid, not the ADC fluid. I did bleed the ADC fluid as well using ADC fluid that I had to get them to order. It makes me wonder how they PDI the machines without topping up these fluids when there is none in stock. I'm sure if one came in a little low, no one would know because it's obvious they aren't checking them, or topping them up with the wrong fluid.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Diff Oil

It may be worth the drive to Bancroft for you next quad!!!........LOL..LOL.......You are closer than me anyway!!!.........Caper............Good luck with your fluid when you get it!!......Keep us posted!!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Polaris should have names that aren't so similar.

Quick Reply: Front Diff Oil