Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front Diff Oil

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Diff Oil

Demand Drive LT is not on the website yet. The Premium Demand Drive is for earlier bikes that engaged in the diff without ADC. I'll run out to my Dad's shop tonight and grab the bottle with the part number on it to make things easier for everyone.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Diff Oil

My 2006 Sportsman's 450's calls for Polaris Premium Demand Drive Hub Fluid...Part# 2871654........
It takes 5.0 Oz(150 ml.).........As per My Factory Manual...........So this will not work on the new Quads with ADC??........Do you have a Polaris Factory Manual yet Scrammytodd?..........Caper..........

Old 12-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

The part number for the Demand Drive LT Premium fluid is #2876251. No Caper I don't have a service manual. If I can't figure something out I come on here to find my answers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Front Diff Oil

Hello all,
I could not resist replying BUT I too had the wrong fluid put into my front end by the dealer during its first service (2007-500 X2)
and guess what.....lost my front end fortunately it was replaced under warranty.
Polaris conflicts in the owners manual and the service manual.
My dealer (Kens Marine Terrace B.C.) were excellent in dealing with all this they were just as confused as I was with the discrepancies

Bottom line for me was....THANK the powers that be for warranty

Old 12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Lucky for you you still have warranty. I do not and my dealer is taking care of me. I guess I can stop complaining about the dealer, they have been pretty awesome about this.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Scrammytodd,
Thanks for checking that for us. The strange thing is when I was asking for that same number one year ago my parts guy said no such number and the manual was incorrect. I am going to see if that part number is available here. I wonder why the Polaris web site does not show it. I also wonder how my front end did not let go yet. This is not a good time of the year to be changing fluid for me. I have no heat outside at my cabin.
Since my quad is not at my house, and I don't remember, what size wrench do I need to drain the fluid?
Thanks.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

It's a 8mm allen head on mine. Or a 5/16. Same size. And that number is for a quart. I think the numbers change for the differant sizes of jugs

Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

OK. Thank you very much. I ordered that part number today. Nothing in stock. At least they recognized the number. 12.99 ea. She could not confirm the size but you have cleared that up. My manual calls for 9.3 oz's. I will be on the cold ground on 12/26 when I get to my cabin changing the fluid again.
I hope you have good luck with yours.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Thanks for the luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was in there yesterday and it was in the shop, but nothing done yet. And it's snowing some more so it looks like I'll be plowing with a Bomb again LOL Maybe I'll get used to the yellow Bomb [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Diff Oil

...."NOT"......NO...........NOPE........Never..... .........Caper....

Quick Reply: Front Diff Oil