Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front Diff Oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Diff Oil

Scrammy, that definitely sucks. For all you've been through with the wrong fluid and trashed front diff, for them to screw up these other things and then treat you like this in the end makes me sick.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Well it's been a day, and I just watched some good snow cross racing so I'm in a lot better mood now. Good to see you again Caper!! We'll have to hook up for a spring ride or two!! And now I'm off to plow some snow with my fancy new diff!!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Diff Oil

Well what I drive home from the snocross races...........Could not even see the car in front of me!!!....................Great day though.........They had to stop the races for over a hour in the afternoon due to riders saftey.........no visability!!.......Hope to hook up for a ride this spring Scrammy!!....Caper...........

Old 12-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Here's my latest update. Dealer got me the correct diff with ADC. I put it in myself and it worked great for a little over a month, then it started to not engage all the time just like the original did. Took it out pulled it apart, another broken roller cage. Took it back to the dealer and got the non-ADC diff back in. worked awesome all summer with the 28" Zillas. Put my snows back on and started plowing again. Worked great. My buddy borrowed my bike said it wasn't engaging very well. Took the diff apart found the dreaded rollar cage broke again. Put in a new one (free from my dealer, he's getting better) Still wouldn't engage right. Pulled it back apart, couldn't see anything wrong. I was out of LT fluid so I Put ATF in (non-ADC diff) worked awesome. I'm not sure why it wouldn't engage with the LT. Was plowing up my driveway a few weeks ago and snapped a inner CV joint. Called my buddy with warranty still and swapped out one of his axles. Went back to my place and snapped his inner CV as well. Not a good day. Ordered a set of front gorillas. They showed up, went to install them found my front diff had a crack in the big side of the case. Another bad day. Ordered another front diff. Waiting for it to show up still...... I can't believe you can't order the big side of the diff case. You can order everything else in the diff just not the main housing.

I'm pretty sure I've had the worst luck with front diffs. I'm sure some of the problems were preventable like my dealer selling me the wrong oil, but this has been an on-going pain in the rear!!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 PM
DCT
Banned
Default Front Diff Oil

Holy cow SCRAMMYTODD... remind me NOT to let you borrow mine. LOL LOL Either you are very unlucky, or hard on that bike. LOL

Seriously, I hope you get it fixed... for a long time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

The front diff is the ONLY problem I have had with the bike. 2300 miles and 220 hours and only the front diff has had problems.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

yeah, that plastic front cage dealy is alittle less forgiving than the aluminum cages in both front hubs of yesteryear.maybe the method to polarises madness is to provide a break-away part to pay +warranty easier.i bought 4 used hubs+hilliards when someone blew up the alum. hilliard and hub at once.the plastic cage took three times to crack the diff.imo that nicelooking,expensive aftermarket Billet Hilliard Cage might just take out that diff.immediately.......

Old 12-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Front Diff Oil

Hey Scrammytodd, PM me if you get a chance, I'd like to chat on the phone with you if possible regarding your front diff. Thanks in advance,

Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Scrammy,

A lot of credit goes to you for sticking with it. Your situation would have made a lot of people just fix it one last time and then trade it for another brand.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Sheepdog, believe me I've thought about changing brands, but I've riddin almost everything else on the market and there are things that I like with the other brands but there are too many things I would miss about the Polaris. True 4wd and the best ride in the industry are pretty hard things to pass up. And I'm pretty sure even if I switched brands I would find the weak link in any other bike as well. What can I say, as much as I've gotten frustrated and pi$$ed off at the front diff problems with this bike I still love riding it, plowing with it, and making my buddy's look silly in the mud. I would have to say I'm Polaris for life

Quick Reply: Front Diff Oil