Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

winch for a Polaris 700 EFI

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:19 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default winch for a Polaris 700 EFI

Has anyone had a problem with Xtremewinch?
bought a winch package from ebay seller powersourceLLC & got scammed. No Warranty. Used winch 3 times & it broke. Tried to contact seller & no contact infor, Nn warranty info. Finally got paypal to have them contact me and they have no warranty. Will only sell you replacemnt parts. What junk. see my blog at www.xtremejunk.blogspot.com/
Be careful. don't get ripped off like I did.

Old 12-29-2007 | 08:48 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

http://xtremewinch.blogspot.comhttp://xtremewinch.blogspot.com

Sorry, this is the real blogpage link. I can't get that junk out of my mind. Check this out![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2007 | 09:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

im a firm beleaver in you get what you pay for in quailty. warn winch imo is the best.

Old 12-29-2007 | 04:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I resently did a little research...........because I am quite un-happy with my winch. Here is what I found:

1) part#2875879 Polaris 2500# (Mine, made by Polaris-junk)

2) part#2875952 Polaris WARN 2.5 (owned a few before and liked it)

3) part#2876819 Polaris WARN 3.0 (owned a few before and liked it the best)

IF I had taken my time, I would have had the dealer order me the 3.0 and not taken the in-stock winch he had. Your ATV is AT LEAST 740 lbs and I recommend you buy a 3K# winch.

In deep snow I found the 2500# to max-out while the 3K just kept pulling. In fact with the 3.0, I had to be careful not to pull too hard at an angle or something might bend. It's a strong winch.

As far as resale value, noone will pay you more for one winch over another.

BUT for complete peace-of-mind, I would opt for the best.....

~MT

Old 12-29-2007 | 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a extreme winch! I bought it about a year ago, and use it on a regular basis. The only problem I have had so far is the rocker switch quit working and the sileniod! Powersource is where I got It from.... Contacted them and sent me the new parts!!!!

Old 12-29-2007 | 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

RanMan68
man you got screwed!!!! i have seen smoke poor from my warn 2500# while winching in low beam ddep muck..let her cool and let the batt charge up for a minute and she allways works just fine...but i have disassembled it once a year (3 times now) and cleaned and re-grease,but theagain my winch spends half its life under water...lol...lol..lol..and i use to plow in the winter it picks up a 60" blade no problem..i have lifted mine too high and hit the plw frame many times and its still al good...WARN +POLARIS= THE WAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tried and true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2008 | 10:57 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Sandman13,
Glad you got a resolve with your broken winch from Powersource. When I tried to contact them about my broken winch, there is no contact info. for warranty they refer you to xtremewinch.com. when I went to xtremewinch.com, and clicke on warranty, it says "COMING SOON". I finally went thru paypal & got them to call me and they thn told me what happened to my winch & said it wasn't covered. I responded & said that wan't what happened at all. They sent another reponse & said it wasn't covered. They only offer they ever made me was to "Sell" me replacement parts. NEVER, did they offer to ship me anything tha tI did'n have to pay for, and of course I had to fix it myself. You should seel the inside of this thing. The housing broke (plastic). The bushing inside the release lever disintigrated (plastic) . When it pushed apart it stripped the gears. Metal shavings everywhere. Finally, the bushing on the motor side was smahed to pieces.
Now you are saying you had problems with selinoid & swithc! That pretty much covers the whole thing.
I'm with "Stendori" (response above), you get what you pay for.
Thanks for your feedback, but there is no way I would ever buy from them again & I sure wouldn't reccomend them to my friends. too many other choices to get a winch.
Thanks agin,
RanMan68