Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Clutch Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Kits

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

i have the "heelclicker" ..while playing with adjustabilty of the weight you can pretty much make the kit do what you want,speed ,wheelies and work..i just run the recomeded settings but with the orange spring and adding some weightmy lil 400 was a wheelie machine ,never thought i would see that..under the recomeded settings i have not burnt or glazed a belt yet, and haveing a nutless 400 with 28" zillas i have smoked alot of belts before the heelclicker..ALL SAID i would have rather bought the dalton and not had the dis-pleasure of tuneing this thing for 3 weeks..if you want to play with it for perfection is a great kit,if you want to just plug and play get a dalton..</end quote></div>

You could've just installed the HC at the recomended settings, but with the adjustabilty you were able to make it wheely machine and not burn belts with your Zillas, try that with a Dalton, if it works great but what if it doesn't you can't tune it.
besides the HC isn't a performance clutch kit its aimed towards better belt grip and benefits from that. You need to change helix and springs and weights to get all out performance.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Kits

ya i know,but the put togeher kits are just easier...i would like to change my helix for low end , i don't care about top end..but the problem is i have no idea of what ramp/or pitch to use..its real easy to change , just dont know much about it!!

Old 01-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Range Rover
Default Clutch Kits

Is there a dalton rep here on this site?
I HAVE A DYNO SHEET I WOULD LIKE TO SEND TO SOME ONE TO HELP ME OUT.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Clutch Kits

rick ritter sells the dalton kits and you can go to thier web page to see what appications do what. what i liked about the dalton vs h/c is that like savage said theres no tuning to do as they only sell you the parts you need for the modela and tire size you want in a package. remember on an atv a kit is just really made to give better belt grip so theres less of a chance to burn the belt inthe sportsmans imo.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Kits

oh ya,forgot just call rick of rcr raceing..tell him what to want ...just that simple...smart man ,knows his game thats for sure.