Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I'm new, i have some questions about outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new, i have some questions about outlaws

Well to tell you the truth, I think the IRS is just about the best quad out right now. I went to the dealer to buy a raptor 700SE, had financing and everything, saw the outlaw, it caught my eye, test road it and stuff, bought it that day and have never been happier. I would much prefer a quad that performs better than it looks. I like the IRS look though anyway, but its not for everyone. THere are lots of aftermarket parts for the IRS, not as many yet for the other 2 because they are still new. Quads like the YFZ and LTZ have been around for years and years, thus why there is so many aftermarket parts. Give it time. I talked to the guy I ordered my exhaust from and he said the IRS outlaw is catching on faster than any other quad he has seen and hes been in the parts industry for over 20 years. The S hasnt gotten the greatest reviews, its a little squirelly and the airbox is a bad setup. All of which can be fixed. The ONLY reason I see to buying a 450 is if you do serious MX or want to race in the 450 class. Otherwise, youd just wish you had the power of the 525. CT Racing sells the best exhaust for the outlaws. on the 525 with JD jetting and no lid/K&N you can get 50 hp. Not bad for 38 hp stock and about 700 bucks. If you dont like the IRS, dont get it. Outlaws are excellent quads, but I do want to tell you that the IRS is impossible to beat for trail riding. It is so smooth yet handles like a solid axle. Its the best quad I have ever owned. Its a blast on the rough sand cuz you can rip and say connected to the ground and not get beat to death. I love taking it to the dunes. I dare say it is the most versatile quad on the market. Now mind you I have ridden ALOT of different quads, just about every brand. And I went there to buy a Yamaha, so Im not a polaris fan boy. I have never owned any thing else polaris. Never really cared for them, but I am an Outlaw fan, its tough to beat.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ltzrid3r400

yeah see, its been out for a while and i can find parts for the IRS version, but its just not my style, idk why but i just dont like it...lol, i'd be getting right off the bat.....full skids, bumper/grab bar, killswitch and bars, nerfs with heel plates, full exhaust, jetting, intake, h-bomb graphics, acerbis or powermadd handguards, a bar riser kit, and a whole new set of gear, it would be like 1500 right there, but if i bought the 525S i would have to add front shocks to that, i like the idea of all of that adjustment that the 450mxr comes stock with.... can i buy piggyback fox's? so then i would get shocks and tires and wheels eventually....thanks again</end quote></div>

I'm not a fan of IRS either...... some people just prefer the feedback of a SRA machine.....

But everyone with IRS will try and convert you and say they felt the same way before a lot of seat time.....so it works well for people....

It will smooth out a rough trail no doubt, but if you ride a lot smooth trails and tracks the IRS will offer no advantage so it is a personal choice really.......

Old 03-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ltzrid3r400

yeah see, i dont like the looks or the IRS, i think it looks cheesy and stuffed in there, it takes up too much of the rear, i hear its durable, but i dont like it....</end quote></div>

I am kinda like you. I am also a little sketchy on the IRS, though I am sure it is GREAT on trails like they say. I have heard nothing but good things aout them. The reason I bought the S is because the price was right and I have always been on an sra. I wouldnt mind the irs though. As far as after markets, there are fox podium x shocks already on the mxr and that would be plenty for you from what I have heard. they would also fit on the 525s. Like was said before, unless your wantin to race the 450 class, go with the 525. It has tons of power. I just hope you like to wheelie, because the 525s is a wheelie machine. Its almost rediculous. lots of power and light. I LOVE this thing. It will eat 660r and sh!$ 700s. LOL. They are insane fast and nice.