Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Haweye time trials (Before Mods)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haweye time trials (Before Mods)

Hey this is Maddog24,

I am pretty new to ATV Connection forum and I have a 2007 Haweye 300 LE 4x4.
And i am getting ready to do some Mods to my ATV. before i do, me and my son did some Time trials (0-40 mph). This atv came with 23" Tires ( the bike comes stander with 22") but any ways this is what we did. (0-40) we did 10.9 sec, too 9.9 sec after 5-6 runs. my body wieght is 165 lbs. The Mods i am going to do is UNI 2-stag filter, DynoJet Ket, Carb Slide Drill, Change the 13g Roller Down to 10g. and a better flowing muffler if i can find one to fit my Haweye. As soon as i do these Mods i will post the Results.

P.S. I did see where RickyParker did a time trial run with his Haweye (0-40) befor mods he ran a 13.54 after the roller mod he did a (0-40) 8.54 sec run. but i do not know what size tries he was running on the bike. I would like to know because of the difference in my times with his ?? If any one knows what after market muffler that i can make work on my Haweye please let me know i am suer i will need more air flow after all these Mods. Thanks for any Feedback !!! So far this forum has been Real Helpfull.

Maddog24 (Jeff)

Old 04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

sounds cool and sounds like you are going to have fun.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

I'm interested in your current and after mod top speed. Best results will be if you do the clutch mods last or you may not get a true picture of the results of engine mods.

Keep us posted.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Maddog, just a suggestion but, you may want to reconsider the 10gm clutch roller set, (80 gm. total), when I did the clutch mod originally, I just pulled out 2 of the 14gm rollers giving me a total weight of 84 gm. this raised the engagement RPMs considerably and seemed to put the engine past it's power curve and lost a lot of top end. I then dropped in a set of 12gm rollers, (96gm total), in my case this seems to better match the clutch with the power curve of the engine.

Have fun with your project and keep us posted!

Old 04-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Maddog when I did that run it was with the 22 inch tires, It kept pulling but I was running out of street i think it would have hit 45 in that next 75 feet or so but i had to shut her down, I did Put the calculator to it with the help of my Engineer nephew and we came up with 12.37 roller weight if your running the 25 inch tires, which the replacement 12 gram rollers would be great.
If your running 23 inch tires then add .
It needs the Ummmph to get it going then it need the ummmph to keep it going.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

ive seen some post about the carb slide drill. what is this and what does it do in means for performance gains? jw

Old 04-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

Hye Ya!!

Thanks for all the Feedback on this Post, i just got my DynoJet Ket in the mail today. I am hoping to do the Mods by the end of the week-in, and if so i will post the resualts as soon as possible. I am going to do the UNI Filter, DynoJet Ket and Carb slide Drill first and then do some test runs (0-40) with the stop watch, and i might hold off on the Roller Mod until i get Bigger Tires which will be Late this Winter i hope!! My top end Speed right Now is (46-47 mph) with 23" Tires, That all i can get out of it and it takes a LONG RUN to do it!!! My Bike came with 13g Rollers and i just bought 10g rollers after reading the post from Jokout i am not sure What to do ????????? Now!! with the Rollers. I am not looking for more top end speed just looking for Quiker take off speed and more Front End Power!! And i am just having fun With this Toy too !!!

P.S. any body known of a After market Muffler that i can make work on this Bike (for better Flow) right now i am looking at the Suppertrapp Muffler, But before i buy it i just want to know if there is any more that might work ???

Thanks Again for all the feedback Maddog24

Trending Topics

Old 04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Top speed sounds about right as my 06 Hawk pulls 52 mph totally stock after 1/4 mi run. With the bigger tires you might have lost a little mph without the extra power to pull the bigger tires. Good plans.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

ran the fairly level gravel road behind our property the other day and topped out at 42mph on the speedo, run that through the calculator and it comes out to a touch over 49 mph with the 25" Swamplites, (actually measure 26" tall)...I lost approx. 5-6 MPH to the bigger tires

Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Mine will hit 42 on the speedo with the 25" mudlites, I figured that was 47-48 MPH actual. That's plenty fast to me. jokout, sounds like we have very similar setups with the larger tires and the 12g rollers. Nice to see we have similar results.

Quick Reply: Haweye time trials (Before Mods)