Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

INSURANCE

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default INSURANCE

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TxMagnum

Unless you can just write a check for a new one, anytime you have anything that is gonna sting if you lose it, insure it. The more things you insure with one company the better it will be.</end quote></div>

A friend of mine had a trailer full of sleds burn up this winter. He is well off and can write a check, but it still stung...didn't have any insurance and the trailer was parked in the street, not hooked up to his truck, so neither his auto policy nor his homeowners policy would assist! He carries insurance now!!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 02:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, YOU MUST! Of course you want to secure it against any damage or emergency. I bought my prairie 360 last year and go it insured from Event Liability Insurance, Special Events Insurance - Inpro Insurance . They first understood what I was looking for and provided me with the best coverage available. These guys have policies for special events also, something that is extremely unique and amazing for those who always wanted it.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider
Smile

Originally Posted by caperinmuskoka
Yes ...Here in Ontario,Canada...........We NEED it to ride the trails ......But I would still have it anyway..............As for the paid off thing........What happens if the new and paid for?.
I still would not want to be out that money ..........

My two 2006 Sp 450's were just over $16000.00 incl. tax here Canadian Funds ($7200.00 each) So a small cost for insurance coverage is something I would not think twice about!!.........There no question in my mind!!.......Caper..........

Not only the trails but you need it to run the roads I could not do a Timmy's drive through without it

Old 04-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

As an insurance agent, I can tell you how important it is. As ATV's gets faster and heavier the likelihood that it may roll goes up. I have had to rollovers in the last month causing them to to totalled. One a guy was going across a farmers field and hit a rock and the other was a 19 year old that wasn't really experienced and was on a steep sidehill and dumped the machine. Neitgher was hurt but it is amazing how fast the parts and labor add up on an ATV. Also, for my own experience I had mine catch on fire from a wire that shorted out that ended up zapping all of the wiring. The cost to repair would have around $1500. I just paid my $250 deductible.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Insurance is required in Ohio for riding at any state - supported areas (Like the Maumee State Forest) and is a good idea anyway.

I piggy backed my quads on my Progressive Motorcycle (2000 Ninja zx1100) policy and they only added about $60 for the year. You can't beat that. I have never had a claim, but each year, my rate keeps going down...

All of my toys are paid off, but I still maintain full coverage. Like many others have said - it is more for the off chance that they could get stolen than for me damaging them. It is nice to have that liability insurance though...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

I totaled a 2001 500 HO and it paid off big time for me. I purchased another 500 HO (2002) and had $200 left over for accesseries! I was insured with MARKEL. Very inexpensive....$125 per year.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I carried it more for theft than any accidents. But if they were stolen, well that's a whole lot more money to cover
Absolutely......A total wreck off a cliff or into a tree would do it too, although unlikely to happen. If the machine disappears from either theft or damage, it must be replaced....providing I'm still alive. I'd want my wife to get the replacement money anyway.

My rig is clear of loans but still have full coverage with $500 deduct. Costs ~$150 from Progressive in ME. I don't think the $250 deduct cost is worth the extra 33% they charge.

I think you must ride with basic insurance....what if you hit somebody (or something valuable) by accident and really hurt them.....it could get ugly quick.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by weedy
I totaled a 2001 500 HO and it paid off big time for me. I purchased another 500 HO (2002) and had $200 left over for accesseries! I was insured with MARKEL. Very inexpensive....$125 per year.
Good to hear somebody actually cashed in on their insurance Seems like all you do is pay and pay, then get given the third degree if you even attempt to use it. Once I tried to file a homeowners claim and it was a nightmare. I apparently was asking WAY too much of Farmer's Insurance. We were told by our adjuster that in the "post 911 environment, insurance was really only for total loss, such as a fire"

Sorry about the loss of the bike though.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Range Rover

I've got full comp (fire, theft, roll, uninsured riders, medical, storm, pestilence, etc) on mine with a $500 deductible for $160/yr. My old 2002 Magnum was only $70.

Helps me sleep better!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Markel quoted me $138 for an 04 and an 06 Sportsman 500 - full coverage. Purchasing tomarrow.

Quick Reply: INSURANCE