Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

INSURANCE

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any have to put in a claim for damage from an accident? I may need a few pointers or two! I am going through it now and its almost been 3weeks and the service shop has NOT delivered the cost estimate, total BS!

I have a certain amount for medical coverage and I added extra coverage for my accessories etc. again thinking more of THEFT and didn't conceive an accident.

Is there any compensation for pain and suffering? My insurance adjuster is saying NO b/c no other motorist was involved. I think that is total BS! I know that lots of motorcylcest on the highway would be more likely to lay their bike down due to road debris, slippery conditions etc. and if they are fortunate to survive you can be rest assured that they would be BANGED up abit!

I would be interested in your thoughts and NOT to HIJACK the thread, YES I recommend insurance if I had NONE I wouldn't be able to look forward to ANYTHING, at least some of my medical is being covered (more to go) and future bike fixes!

Thanks!

R'

Old 04-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

Allstate wanted 600/ year for coverage on my 09 xp 850 . Isnt that a little more then what I could get elsewhere or is a decent price for that year and cost of machine?

Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Range Rover

i have full coverage with nationwide for $216 a year($18 a month)

Old 05-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

The rates are going to flucauate from region to region also remember that there are many coverages in the policy that can effect the rate. medical, UM/UIM, deductibles, liability amounts as well as additional euipment. I sell for American Family and our rates for ATV's are pretty good. In response to Rtickwad, you can't sue yourself for pain and suffering. If another driver was at fault then there would be a possibility of getting P&S.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by COWDOG
HEY GUYS IM A NOOBIE TO 4 WHEELIN....

I JUST BOUGHT A SPORSTMAN 400 AND MY WIFE A 2006 HONDA RANCHER.

MY QUESTION IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO CARRY INSURANCE ON THESE MACHINES?
Don,t know where you live but around here if you do not want a $500 fine from a game warden
or the police you better have insurance.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Big600Twin et al,

I appreciate your input! Please let me clarify my issue I presented to the forum in this thread. Maybe the familiar phrase "pain and suffering" is not the best chosen words. The point I am making is what do our policies offer for compensation for us who are injuried? When you sue, its "pain and suffering", for workman's comp its "Permanency awards" etc. Maybe its better to address a personal injury lawyer than really a ATV forum - IMO.

Thanks everyone!

R'

Old 05-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

As a former agent. Your policy will only pay medical bills and repair insured Comprehensive or collision on the bike.

If this had been with another rider, if proven to be his fault, you may be able to negotiate a Pain and suffering payment.

Cody

Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

iv had 2 new atvs in my life. never had either insured. always paid off before it left the dealer. my 1st one always sat in the yard during the summer with the key in it. during winter it was in a garage. never had no issues. my newest one sits in a storage shed on a trailer 30miles away. i really dont worry bought theft. since i know a cop makes rounds alot around the shed, and there is a shop a block away. with people there most of the time. theres really only one way in and out. and if something would happen some one would see it. and if i found out who it was. lets just say they better have there butt covered. ya ya. give me the story but what if.. i guess i dont worry since theres really never been theft in my area. if there was more theft in my area id be worryed more. theres only been one robbery in my area since iv been alive that i know of. and a hand full of other stuff like spray painting, andd minor thefts. i did insurance checkup once on my old atv and it wasent worth it. ida payed more to the company than ida got back.
i guess my thoughts are if your gona act stuped on an atv get it. if you in a high crime area get it. if your required to have it get it or not. i dont like hospitals. there over priced. i got stiches once. it costed $600 and some for 6 stiches. i sat in the waiting room for 1 1/2hrs and then another 2hrs to get stiched (took 20min) and let go. i know you cant plan everything. but it can be prevented most of the time. my thoughts anyways.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Insuring your car is a great idea. However, from whom to get it done is a tough choice to make. Make sure you DO NOT settle for anything without clearing each and everything. I got my haunted property insured last month and my agent was kind enough to elucidate even things that I was not aware of.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Progressive here. I think mines like $120/year for full coverage. My loan company wouldn't loan the money unless I had insurance. At least it's there if I need it.

Quick Reply: INSURANCE