Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wheels and Tires for Polaris Sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels and Tires for Polaris Sportsman

I'm putting 26" Interco SwampLites on my X2 500 with 1 1/2" spacers front and back. I'll post a picture in the next day or so as my tires and spacers should both be ready to put on the bike tonight.

L8r,
Vince

Old 05-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Hobles,

What do you all do in that pond, fish from your quads? LOL..LOL

Wow, I wouldn't of thought they were good water/mud tires. Okay your
just making my decisions on the Mudlites harder! Decisions Decisions!

R'

Old 05-06-2008, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

Mornin RticKwad
I know what you mean bout Decisions. There are some nice tires out , but man are some expensive. And some of those are only 2 or 4 ply.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't really anything less than 6-ply. You don't want to poke a hole in those expensive tires. And if you want good tires, get radials. They work good on quads because you get a bigger footprint and better traction. They don't change shape according to how much air is in them either.

One time when I was playing in a beaver pond I got a nail stuck in my tire and ended up having to plug it. A NAIL in a BEAVER POND. I knew they were good builders but I never knew they used nails. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

Well I picked up my X2 Saturday - got out for while last night, stock tires rode good. One thing I need to consider is that the stock X2 will just fit on my 4x8 trailer. If I go with a different tire or wheel I may have to get a new trailer.

I still like the looks of the Vision 161 or Douglas Rokstar wheels - but I guess once that are covered with mud - you won't be able to notice them anyways. Does anyone have a picture of the Rokstars on a Sportsman?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Vince - looking forward to the pics of the swamplites. What wheels are you mounting them on? Do you need spacers or is that just for a wider stance? Can you check the width of the rear after you get the swamplites on?

Old 05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the looks of the Maxxis 4X4. There's kind of an elegant simplicity to them. Nothing too fancy but it's one of the strongest looking wheels I've seen. Some of the other wheels look too delicate for the kind of beating I dish out. http://www.maxxis.com/products...duct_detail.asp?id=323

I just checked my motosport.com catalog and the Maxxis wheels cost more than Rokstars. I guess it's because of that little bit of black paint. I never bought anything from these guys but they sell all kinds of different combinations of wheels and tires, mounted, or separately. As for tires, a set of Executioners costs $300 and Mud Lites cost over $500. $200+ still buys a lot of gas even at today's high prices. Executioners look like they can handle a lot more mud than Mud Lites can too. You can go here and enter the quad infomation and it tells you what fits. http://www.motosport.com/offro...l&pcatName=ATV%20Parts

Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Those Maxxis 4x4's look nice. I guess I have to add the Maxxis to the "potentials" list. I like the elegant simplicity also - one of the reasons I liked the Rokstars. The Vision 161's have a bunch of nook and crannies I'm not a big fan of. While I want a strong wheel that won't leave me stranded the Vision Wheels do have a lifetime warranty. "If you ever break or crack a Vision ATV wheel, Vision will replace the wheel free of charge."

The Executioners certainly look like that will handle a lot more mud - but I bet they would be a little rough on hardpack.

Another site that sells wheel/tire combo's is http://www.atvoutfitters.net/tires.htm. A 26" set of Swamplites on RokStars costs $538. ($438 for the same tires on an ITP Delta Steel Wheel).

Old 05-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

I'll have the photos of the Swamplites tonight... finished them off last night but it was kinda late and dark out.

Vince

Old 05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Vince - I am looking forward to seeing the pics. What wheels? Why an offset?

Quick Reply: Wheels and Tires for Polaris Sportsman