Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris-customer NONservice

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris-customer NONservice

Here's one for you...
In September '06 I bought a new Polaris Ranger and a new Polaris Sportsman 500X2. As it would turn out the Ranger was more practical for our family so the 500 was rarely ridden. Two weeks ago I backed the 500 out of the garage to get it ready for the summer--loud noise from the rear end--to make a long story short the dealer told me the rear end drain plug expanded and shot thru the rear end causing a lot of damage and the worst part is that it was out of warranty---it has 27.1 hours on it, again only 27.1 hours. I never heard it pop or saw any fluid on the concrete in the shop where it is stored. The dealer says they understand but Polaris corporate won't warranty it..
I've been on the phone with them for two weeks now. They are the absolute worst bunch of jack*** I've ever had to deal with...and to add insult to injury- in the U.S. we only get a six month warranty on our machines, but in the U.K. they get a two year factory warranty on the same dang products! What a load of crap!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:51 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

I'm at a bit of a loss to picture how this would happen, how does a plug expand and to forward into the rear end. What are they smok'in?

Old 05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

That was my first question to the "technician" that said he looked at it and he couldn't give me a straight answer. He kept saying that it was a bad part, but heck--it's just a bolt.
Personally, I think that the plug was just loose and worked it's way out and drained the fluid in the rear end causing it to crack.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mbrobinson

That was my first question to the "technician" that said he looked at it and he couldn't give me a straight answer. He kept saying that it was a bad part, but heck--it's just a bolt.

Personally, I think that the plug was just loose and worked it's way out and drained the fluid in the rear end causing it to crack.</end quote></div>

Wow.

Please keep us posted on your situation.

Rough Terrain

Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Mongrol,

Whatever they were smok'in, it sure wasn't legal!

R'

Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

FO SHO!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

LOL..LOL

Trending Topics

Old 05-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy....do you think that the rear end fluids were replaced by water somehow, froze and spit the plug out.....and when the weather warmed up the water evaporated....no evidence of leaks. I agree with Mongrol about the loss of picture on the drain plug being sucked into the case.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mbrobinson

Personally, I think that the plug was just loose and worked it's way out and drained the fluid in the rear end causing it to crack.</end quote></div>

It is your responsability to check oil levels!!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

PLEASE just search under Polaris customer service in this forum and you will see that they are a bunch of JERKS to say the LEAST! I can tell you that I will NEVER buy another polaris new! I spent money on three new machines and again just like you put very few hours on one of them and had a MAJOR problem that they blamed on abuse (it was a predator 50 ridden by a very cautious driver) and stated they found mud in the air box. Well the air box intake faces forward and a splash in a mud puddle will get mud inside! ANYWAY good luck and pass the lack of warranty information to ALL of your friends!