Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2Yr Old Alberta Boy Dies in ATV Accident.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 12:33 AM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2Yr Old Alberta Boy Dies in ATV Accident.

Police say charges may be laid after a two-year-old boy was killed in an all-terrain vehicle crash that injured three other children.

The accident happened around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday on private property northwest of Taber, Alta.

A 32-year-old driver was carrying four other passengers between the ages of two and 12 on a vehicle designed for a maximum of two riders.

RCMP say the ATV was stopped at the top of a steep hill when one of the passengers hit the accelerator, sending the vehicle down the embankment.

The driver tried to stop the ATV but it hit a rock and everyone was thrown out of the vehicle.

Paramedics took the children to the Taber hospital, where the two-year-old died. The other passengers were treated for minor injuries.

Police say neither the driver nor the passengers were wearing a helmet.

The name of the toddler is not being released.

Police told CTV that charges are being considered and that the driver and two-year-old are related.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's sad but could be avoided if people obeyed the law. People like that are going to get ATVs outlawed completely some day.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sad for sure. but theres not a thing they can do when its on your own private property. its a law here under 18 has to have a helmet on unless its your land.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're right stendori. I realize many of the laws doen't apply on private property in various states and provinces. But common sense should. And I've seen things like this on the trails too. That's what I was thinking of. Newborns on 3-wheelers on public trails, etc.

Don't ride five on an ATV with no helmets when you're climbing steep hills with a toddler. Whether it's just common sense, or the law, that says not to, just don't do it. It's a tragic waste of life that would be SO easy to avoid.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

i feel bad for the boy but I am sorry - you are a FRICKIN IDIOT putting FOUR on a quad!!!!!!!!!!! and a 2 year old no less................. WTF

NO BRAINS IN YER HEAD PAL???????????? pure f'n stupidity gets you every time. I think the F'N A'HOLE should get the DAMN DEATH PENALTY for killin the little boy.

He does NOT DESERVE to live.......

Old 05-17-2008, 11:11 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

A few years ago, I was at the airport where I kept my helicopter. A van pulled up and a large number of people jumped out. They went over to a 2 passenger Ultralight aircraft and a guy proceeded to put a woman with a 6 mo. old baby in the back seat and put the harness around both of them. 2 people in one of these in Canada is illegal unless one is a commercial pilot and is giving instruction to the other. I went over and told them that they better not do this or I'd call the authoritys. The guy told me to FO, so I made the call. Never did it before or since but I'm glad I did.

Fortunatly, no accident but the pilot is walking, not flying.

Don't let a bad desicion end yours or someone elses life.

Kids are notorius for making the wrong or bad choices. Well we all know what I mean.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

thats too bad....bad decision

They are trying to make atv's illegal for kids under 14 in MA right now and if your 16 you have to ride a 90cc atv.........SAD. ...it will probably pass too. They will suspend your license for 30 days if your kid is riding an ATV even on YOUR OWN property.....so wrong..the greenies have their heads up their asses so far its amazing.

more here if anyone is from MA
http://northeastatvers.com/for...ndex.php?topic=12389.0

Old 05-17-2008, 11:32 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Do you think its the Greenies or do we just push the limits of common sense to the breaking point?

I'm not sure anymore.

No body wants Big Brother deciding everything, but man, we keep shooting ourself in the foot and attracting adverse attention to ourselves.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Well this bill has to be the greenies.. you don't force a kid that is 14 onto a 90cc ATV. These people that propose these bills have no idea what they are talking about they are so uneducated they just look at pieces of paper and say thats bad. My neighbor has two kids, a boy and a girl they ride their atv and dirt bike almost every day out back. They have a small track that goes in circles. They always have their helmets on and I have never not once seen them do anything stupid. I can't wait till my son is older and can ride a bigger battery powered quad and then graduate to a 50cc. Right now he has a 6 volt one and he loves it. Rides it in the house, outside. I will buy him one regardless of this law. I will just have to put up some fencing so the police can't see in my yard. Its a parenting issue, bad decisions. The guy that killed that poor boy is an absolute moron for having 4 kids on his atv. And why was he even going near a hill? I have rode w/ my son on my lap, he will be 2 in July, on my lap in my YARD in circles on the grass probably got up to 5 mph, he loved it.
In 2005 144 kids under 15 died riding bicycles
In 2005 145 kids under the age of 16 died riding ATV's.....

I don't see anyone trying to outlaw bikes?

Old 05-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Sportsman 450 shows no rider symbol sticker under age 16

My daughters Powermax 150cc sticker shows no rider under 18 years of age!

So if this rule is followed.........A rider age 17 cannot ride the 150cc .....but can ride my Sp 450!!

This stickers are to cover the legal side of the company......Or should I say cover there @$$ when and if a court case comes up............Caper.......

Quick Reply: 2Yr Old Alberta Boy Dies in ATV Accident.