Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

stendori's wifes review

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default stendori's wifes review

mongrol wanted my opinion on this bike so here it is after the first ride(see pics. in first ride post). This is compared to the 2006 Sprotmans 450 that I had. Pros: much easier to handle, lighter made me more comfortable riding, I didn't feel like it was driving me. I was able to manuver in the mud with ease. I love the EBS, I was able to crawl down the steep hills. It was great not to have to shift in and out of low range. Swamplite tires had good traction and easy handling. Cons: Stiff ride. almost like driving my straight axle trailblazer. Brakes don't seem like they are there on the first squeeze. Bike has foot vibration. hope this helps.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:08 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear an informed opinion. Sometimes when you purchase something you tend not to find faults with it. I agree that the ride is a bit stiff. After 40 mi, my butt is aching. Good thing the seat is soft. The more you ride, the more you appreciate the manoueverability and the PVT. Don't know what you're feeling vibration wise in the brake. Haven't felt that. The Hawkeye has a vibration, more like a "buzz" when you get moving. Agree about the brake squeeze, feels like the handle should be longer so you don't have to squeeze so hard.

Thanks for your opinion.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Did you ever get stuck? Or did Stendori? And did you ever have to pull him out with your
new winch? LOL...LOL

Cheers,

R'

Old 05-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

Did you ever get stuck? Or did Stendori? And did you ever have to pull him out with your

new winch? LOL...LOL

Cheers,

R'</end quote></div>

look at the first ride pics on the last one and you'll see her winching her self out. as far as myself use this pic as an idear as i went back to the same area and yes i got stuck enough to shut my bike down. and i pulled myself out w/ the bike turned off until the exhaust was out of the water.
Name:  000_0017-1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  191.8 KB

Old 05-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Range Rover

Good ol' Maine Mud Holes!!!!!!!!! Nice pic, Steve!!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Hey MS. S you look like your having a lot of fun with the 400HO!
I have to agree with you on the handling, it's just a blast to drive...not sure what the vibration would be, I don't get that at all and the soft brakes were something I noticed early on but it seems to have worked it's way out of this and the brakes work very well now...not so sure that a little air may have stayed in the lines from the factory and it takes some time to work out...
Also, how much air are you running in the Swamplites? I lowered mine down to 3-4lb and it softened the ride considerably

Good to hear you are happy with it so far!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Hey Mrs. Stendori and the man,

Great glad to hear the great report. My uncle is considering the new SP400, I am working on'em.
He doesn't like the bigger quads like 450-800 size. And he is smaller/shorter anyhow so I think
his build will be more suitable in any case. Sorry I didn't see the First pics first. Looks like very
similar places we went riding today. Our nephews both have the HWKEYES and did great too,
with MUD and Water close to seat level. -- GOOD machines!

Question, how many would subscribe to and change or upgrade their current models if
Polaris came out with the 800cc in your size quad?

R'

Old 05-25-2008, 11:40 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

I wouldn't change, the 400 is good stk.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

to be honest i dont know what air pressure is but i would guess around 5 to 7 psi. if this had an 800 it would an extermly dangous bike as its real short and wouldnt be very stable at high speeds or corning. i think it being a short wheel base is good and bad depending on the terain your riding in. the foot vibrating you feel is when your riding along at certain rmps i do beleave. she got stuck for the same reasons any body did as she bottomed out on the frame and had logs in front of the tires. the brakes im going to give it awhile and some more miles bfore i give it a look see to see if they wear in. w/ the low gearing and the ebs it slows down rather good w/out brakes. maybe more to follow on the next ride.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info, sten. Do you just air up your tires until they feel "right"?

Quick Reply: stendori's wifes review