47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

JumboFranks Scooter

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JumboFranks Scooter

O.K..........JF's Scotter................... Hot or not?

I say Hot........I be that thing gets a grand to the gallon.......

Old 06-01-2008, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider

Dang.......... made a double poll post..........yas better answer both just in case......

Old 06-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Pro Rider

Your allowed to vote there Frank even though its your scooter......................icu.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to ask you about that. It's 6 horsepower and only 52 pounds dry weight. It has 57% LESS weight per horsepower than The Sportsman 500 EFI. That's HOT. Better than any quad I've checked on so far, but I'm sure some racers are better. Check out this video of somebody (not me) doing a wheelie on one. Crank up the volume and double click to go fullscreen. http://www.evopowerboards.com/Site/Video/3.html

Old 06-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Moto Psycho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-R35bu6oA This guy's scooter has the same pipe and air cleaner as mine. His handlebar pad is missing and my fender is black instead of chrome. Other than that it's just like mine. The pro-racer-only version is supposed to go 60 mph but it hurts like a @#$%^ if you wipe out at half that speed. Can you imagine doing 60 mph on something that doesn't even weigh 60 pounds?

Old 06-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say is...Looking at that picture you REALLY need a shave Jumbo! ALL OVER!!!! HEHEHEHE!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Those are pretty neat. What do they cost? Whats it like when yo go over a pothole or bump or something like that?

Old 06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Man that's hot, but I can barely keep 4 wheels down doing their thing. Imagine me on that thing.
Now my son, he said man that is sweeeet! He wants one to ride the 7.5 miles to school.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Moto Psycho

That's the Ferrari of all scooters and costs about a grand. The engine is an Active from Italy so parts are kind of hard to find. I never actually figured out the gas mileage but it's supposed to get about 80 mpg and the 40 cc is supposed to get 100 mpg. My truck gets 15 in the city, so the scooters eventually pay for themselves with the gas you save. 250 gallons = $1,000. I make quick zips to the store and hang a plastic grocery bag or two on the handlebars. The biggest problem is that it's not street legal, but I may be able to get a moped license on it it I get a brake light or turn signals, something like that. It has 1.6 inches of front suspension and none on the rear. Most of these scooters have none at all. Sitting down, the potholes jar you pretty bad. If you see the potholes coming it's not bad when you're standing up. You just bend your knees like hittin' whoop-dee-doos on a quad, if you can't avoid them. I can jump curbs with it too. It's got to look funny to see a big guy like me playing around like that.

If I was going to buy a new scooter I might buy a Go-Ped because the parts are easier to find, but the Evo is better in almost every other way. The Evo and BladeZ scooter designer, Mike Puzey, emailed me and said the new models will be out this summer. I'm expecting a CARB-compliant 4-stroke since a lot of scooters are sold in California. The money you spend on Evo gets you a lot of goodies as standard equipment. The deck is billet aluminum and everyone else uses cheap plywood instead, but sells billet decks as an option. The handlbar stem, front suspension, and some other parts are all billet aluminum too. It has alloy rims and fat 10" pneumatic tires with dual disc brakes. A lot of the others have plastic rims, skinny 6' solid rubber tires with caliper brakes like a bicycle that squeeze on the sides of the tire. You get what you pay for. A Chinese POS might last a summer before you need a new one and cost more in the long run.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Moto Psycho

The vote has been 2-1 and 50-50 for a few days. I guess 10-7 makes it hot but not super-hot.

Quick Reply: JumboFranks Scooter