Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

115 tips for you!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 115 tips for you!

now why in the heck would you **** on your own goggles..maybe on a buddys for a joke ,but come on! would'nt be the first or last time i rode with out.. it just sounds plain stupid....that would be like saying" if you drop your BEER in the sand very carefuly **** on the top so you don't drink any sand"..

oops thats tip#119..sorry!!!

Old 06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

LOL, those are funny and informational!Thanks

Old 06-16-2008, 01:45 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

now why in the heck would you **** on your own goggles..maybe on a buddys for a joke ,but come on! would'nt be the first or last time i rode with out.. it just sounds plain stupid....that would be like saying" if you drop your BEER in the sand very carefuly **** on the top so you don't drink any sand"..

oops thats tip#119..sorry!!!</end quote></div>

Did you miss this part? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] ...there was lots of stuff smacking me in the face. ...I didn't want to lose an eye.

If anyone missed that, there it is again. I think getting a tree branch broken off in your eye socket, because your goggles are dirty and you left them off, is stupid.

BTW, I have swallowed lots of sand with my drinks after my cooler "exploded" on the trail. Sand doesn't bother me. Trees hitting me in the eye do. I'll wash the mud off my goggles any way I can to not go blind, on an unused trail where something smacks me in the face constantly.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

JF -

You are on your own with this one buddy, LOL LOL. Hey man whatever it takes,
afteralll I enjoyed the Macgyver years, I make up for it now watching Man Vs. Wild
I love that show!

R'

Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But, just for the next time. Maybe I'd tear off part of your shirt or something and pee on that. Heck, when I start to let it fly, it ain't the most accurate flow in the world. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Unless you was riding naked. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But then I'd just as worried about other parts being smacked by the branches.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Moto Psycho

I didn't want to <u>wipe</u> the grit off my goggles and wreck my new hologram lens and still not be able to see through them. I just richocheted a little pee off the middle of the lens. Believe me I was VERY careful and it just glanced off instead of splattering everywhere. The experts all say urine is sterile unless you have an infection. That still doesn't mean I want a golden shower. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I had a cooler with pop and ice packs with me but already finished the pop and there wasn't even condesation in the cooler. I would have dumped a bottle of pop on them if I had any left. Either way the goggles were going to soak in warm soapy water when I got home. It REALLY sucks to get into a situation where you only have two options and don't like either one. It was pee on my goggles or get a stick in the eye. I honestly couldn't think of any other options.

Rtic - I have an idea for a license plate for you - WWMD - What Would MacGuyver Do?

Old 06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I'll bet you'll consider a spare pair of goggles on the next trip. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Heck, just a cheap pair of shooting glasses wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure they're a Polaris brand of goggles.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

aw, come on i was just playing..no need to get all serious on me!!. but there is still no way in HELL i would do that!! i have rode many time w/ out goggles, in fact all i have ever used are just clear saftey glasses..but then again my 'LIL'400 does not go goggle speed..lol..

Old 06-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Moto Psycho

I've rode with no goggles or safety glasses several times before, but not on a trail that hasn't seen an ATV in 20 years. There were literally no ATV tracks anywhere on the trail. It looked like it had a few dirt-bikes down it a year and that's it. Maybe none of you have been on a trail like this before. Unless you saw it for yourself, you wouldn't believe how overgrown it was. It was about 4 feet wide and my quad was 46". I could see maybe 10 feet in front of me most of the time and that's about it. I was constantly getting hit in the face. Not just once in awhile, and not where I could duck under the branches. My spare goggles were in the truck with everything else because I didn't have a cargo box yet. I was trying to get back there because I don't like sitting on 700 pounds of metal next to trees when I hear thunder and start seeing flashes of lightning. Been there, done that, another time. I didn't get hit by lightning, just <u>hundreds</u> of hailstones. That SUUUUCKS.

I whizzed a little bit on the outside of the lens until I could see through them. That's all. I never got any pee on the foam, my face, or even on my hands, so it's not that big of a deal. If you guys have trouble aiming, I don't know what to say because I can control mine. It's just the idea of it that's nasty, and I understand that, but a few of the reactions I'm getting seem more like I turned cannibal and spent all winter living off my dead friends. LOL. Geez guys, lighten up. As least I'm not one-eye-frank. That makes it worth getting ragged on all day. But now you're probably afraid to share anything you might be teased about. I'm still waiting for #117.

Quick Reply: 115 tips for you!