Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 700 or Scrambler 700

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which one is it going to be a 700 sportsman or scrambler 700.If you know anything about this let us know loved hear which one its going to be thanks

Old 01-24-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

I hope they both have Independent Rear Suspension, are lighter, and the only difference is the Sportsman is 4x4 and the Scrambler is 2x4.
This is such an intense rumour, I hope there is some truth to it. As secret as it seems to be,
maybe this is Generation 5? Maybe this is the next generation of Polarises and that's why we know so little, unless we're just all making it up. With Wisconsin's new weight limit, and us whining about the weight it's just got to be lighter. I'd trade my H.O. in a heartbeat for a
v-twin that was lighter, but kept the great Polaris handling, auto, and I.R.S.
Silly Later,,,,,Fourlix

Old 01-24-2001, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

is there any truth to this rumour some one has to know thanks

Old 01-24-2001, 05:07 PM
vg
Trailblazer

It better be a SP 700 or a lot of people on here are going to be eating mud pies. I brought the same question up and was give quotes of the following:

"....well naturally(Polaris Industries) is not going to tell you that they are making one...."

"....don't let ANYONE tell you anything different. They already have some made up that were produced by hand off the assembly line....."

That's right, I'm keeping those quotes and the people on here who said it. You know who you are.

Old 01-24-2001, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

"....don't let ANYONE tell you anything different. They already have some made up that were produced by hand off the assembly line....."

THAT Quote Was Made BY ME. So Write it down...... Ride'em hard Polcat

Old 01-24-2001, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

polcat2 how do know this did you see them how did you find this out?

Old 01-24-2001, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Polcat2 seems to have a very good source of info at polaris. But please polcat tell us all that u know. when is the new flagship going to be released??? dont just give us a short answer, i want all the jucie details too.

P.S. i wont tell Tom Tiller where i got my info.LOL

later
jon

Old 01-24-2001, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

polcat2 could you give us a little more detail about the 700 like what do you think its going to weigh and when do you think its going to be out and what do you think its going to cost thanks

Old 01-24-2001, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

It does not matter whether it's a 700cc or 1,000 cc or whatever. Polaris has a reputation for not making hp from their larger 4-stroke motors. Just look at the Victory cycle. Even look at Harley big V-twin, it has not hp for an engine that size. They are all slugs when compared to true high performance equipment. So don't hold your breath that it is a world beater, it won't be. Polaris is the one who started the cc race with sleds way back when because they couldn't put out the hp per cc as some of their competitors did.

Old 01-24-2001, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

It seems that the so called (by others not me) "MR. Polaris", doesn't like Polaris engines, YET, he takes the time to type out negative comments about Polaris 4-strokes???? Can a 500HO out-run or at least run with the other 500 4-stroke Utilities on the market??? I think so....
To the others out there that would like to hear some positive news on the SP700::: It weighs near the same as the 500. It will compete with the final cost of The New 650 KAW.And will out-run the V twin. (No need in releasing another Polaris quad to compete with the 500HO, since it is still considered by most as "top of the line". If The Kaw. creates a buying frenzy, Polaris will then make the 700SP a Priority Project, that will be released soon after.(If HO sales slow...They will release sooner. Polaris will not show their newest Utility until they have a good feeling that it is superior to the other quads that are available, or are on the drawing board at other ATV. Companies. Ride'em hard Polcat

Quick Reply: Sportsman 700 or Scrambler 700