Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

MY FINDING ON MY VIPER WINCH..

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY FINDING ON MY VIPER WINCH..

First let me say the winch seems to be heavy duty, it is the 3000 model.I,m finishing up installing it today, i get to it when i can.Anyway some things i found that they can improve on.
1. Better directions with alot better pictures.
2. If you happen to install this 3000 model on your 06 sportsman, be very careful how you mount it, i followed what directions they had given me,also using the pictures. When i was done mounting the winch and tried to get the bumber back on it would not fit. So i called viper and they gave me a # to call a tech (kent) who was very nice. i snpped some pics with my camara phone and sent them to him..He called me back to tell me that I had the newer 2006 and nwer bumber style, and i would need to trim some of the bumber. #3 which no where on the web site said i would have to do with this model, and thats the main reason i bought this model.So i trim some off and find not even close ,so i call him back and ask if i can drill holes in the mounting bracket and just move it over ,yes good idea. So now i take off again and find if you turn the bracket upside down from what the picture shows it will work fine.so now i have a cut bumber for know reason, and no where in the directions or web site does it tell you to do this,
#4 All wire connections need to be crimped better ,had three pull out while snaking the wires.

but over all looks good(except the cut inside bumber) and i just need to wire it to the key switch and let you know how it turned out

Old 08-22-2008, 06:25 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Hope all of this isn't an indicator of its performance. Make sure you've got someone to back you up when you get stuck.

Good Luck.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

well heres the final opionon, now mind you i,m only talking about the viper mx 3000 on my 06 sportsman 500..
i really beleive they dropped the ball on this one.if they spent ten minutes trying to asemble one they would figured out the problems.
1 just figured out the you cant get to the screw to that holds down the bumber , there is a nut on the side of the winch motor that doesnt allow to get to the bolt...now all they would have to do is relocate the bolt .and that problem is fixed. i had to drill a new hole take off the bumper and put the bumber back on hold the new nut in place.. i will see how it works this weekend

Old 08-22-2008, 09:02 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

XX - fingers crossed.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:03 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

XX - fingers crossed.