Default My New ATV Was Stolen

attack dog. german sheperd? husky?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AcadGuru

Wow. Very Sad. People will steal anything, given the chance.

After having one ATV stolen,

has it occurred to you that maybe you shouldn't leave it sitting outside?

It's dumb to leave an expensive ATV sitting around outside.

That's just asking for it to dissapear. Sad but true.

If somebody wants to steal it, than they will regardless of what you do.</end quote></div>

All we can do is the best we can do.......

Of course a determined thief with the right tools will not be stopped.... all we can do is make is as tough as possible for them to pull it off..... I take as many precautions as I can... I even make sure to block my sport machines with my Honda Rancher..... a thief would have to take the Rancher totally out of the garage in order to get to the sport machines which are lighter and easier to carry away...

In this case all he had was a chain, it was not enough but it is not his fault....

Old 08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The guy they caught last year is in a juvie home in Pennsylvania. At least he was two months ago when it was stolen again. They never caught anyone else before or after that. Hell, they can't even catch whoever stole <u>400</u> manhole covers off the streets. This town has <u>really</u> gone downhill. The roofer is starting next week and I'm getting this place ready to sell.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEAH,CRAP J.F. UNFREAKIN.....I'M SPEECHLESS.10/4 ON THE THIEFS BETTER HOPE THE POLICE CATCH THEM FIRST.....I HAVE A LITTLE CAMERA I BOUGHT FROM HOME DEPOT FOR 40$ THREE YEARS NOW+ ITS GOT NIGHTVISION.YOU CAN PLUG IT INTO A RECODER, HARD DRIVE,+ OR HAVE A TINY DEDICATED TV PUT WHEREVER YOUR AT MOST.POLICE MUST BE STUPID+LAX CAUSE YOU KNOW ALL THOSE MANHOLE COVERS ARE GOING TO A SCRAPYARD SOMEWHERE.I HAD MY GARAGE DOOR OPEN+I WAS IN THE HOUSE,THREW THE CURTAINS I NOTICED A PICK-UP WITH THREE PEOPLE COME UP+ PULL OVER.I LOOKED OUT MY WINDOW+THEY PEELED AWAY IMMEDIATELY....THEY WERE CASING THE JOINT CAUSE I RARELY LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN........I HOPE YOU THE BEST+GLAD YOU HAVE INSURANCE+YOUR QUOTE " WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING DOWN HERE FOR I DON'T EVEN OWN A ATV" IS FREAKING PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

Man that really sucks. I know people are going to steal something if they really want it, but after 1,2,3,4, and now 5 I would make it as hard as possible to steal. That old thread mentioned 25-30 ways to slow them down. Half were not realistic but some were good. Motion alarm, removing wheels, locking the steering, security camera and lights.

I feel bad for you but you have got to do something different. Unfortunetly you are apparently an easy target. Do you have enough property for a shed or something? I know that an owner should not have to worry about these things but this day and age but come on. You have got to make it harder!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sure that the police are doing their best to locate the machine. One question, did the ATV have the keys in it or did they steal it without the keys? Wouldn't make much sence to me to steal it without the keys.

I've been reading here the last few days and have been reading alot of posts that are negitive to law enforcement. Why is that? I'm sure that the cops are not lazy and even though 400 man hole covers got stolen, there are plenty of ways to get rid of them. Not everyone likes to cooperate with an investigation and people can and do lie to the police.

As far as theft goes, how many of you follow what happenes in your local courts? In the county where I live, criminals get a slap on the hand at best and the same ones keep comming back, continuing to victimize the good people of my county. Read the court records in the paper and see what these theives are getting sentenced to. I bet it ain't much! The cops can only do so much then it's up to the courts and DA's office to carry the ball, or drop it, the rest of the way.

It really sucks that you have to chain items up and I agree that it's not your fault that the quad was stolen.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on a limited income. My disability pension isn't much and I can't get Social Security for another 20 years. I'm spending 6 - 7 thousand dollars to get a new roof on my house, plus there are several other things I need like a fridge and air conditioning. I would like to make it harder to steal my ATV but can't afford to spend much on security systems and things like that. I can't afford to build a garage either, but that wouldn't stop them anyway. People get garages broken into all the time. All I was trying to do was keep my ATV in my own yard for 1 @#$%ing week before I moved it somewhere safer. <u>I didn't think that was too much to ask for.</u> As for the police, he took a report but wasn't the least bit interested in looking where I followed the tracks into the the middle of the next street over. He didn't even look at the tire tracks in my yard or anything.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: colt100

I'm sure that the police are doing their best to locate the machine. One question, did the ATV have the keys in it or did they steal it without the keys? Wouldn't make much sence to me to steal it without the keys.

I've been reading here the last few days and have been reading alot of posts that are negitive to law enforcement. Why is that? I'm sure that the cops are not lazy and even though 400 man hole covers got stolen, there are plenty of ways to get rid of them. Not everyone likes to cooperate with an investigation and people can and do lie to the police.

As far as theft goes, how many of you follow what happenes in your local courts? In the county where I live, criminals get a slap on the hand at best and the same ones keep comming back, continuing to victimize the good people of my county. Read the court records in the paper and see what these theives are getting sentenced to. I bet it ain't much! The cops can only do so much then it's up to the courts and DA's office to carry the ball, or drop it, the rest of the way.

It really sucks that you have to chain items up and I agree that it's not your fault that the quad was stolen.</end quote></div>

What do you mean about "Wouldn't make much sence to me to steal it without the keys. " ?

Most Quads don't even need keys to start. I proved that to my dealership a few years back. They were shocked how easy it was. No wire cutting needed at all!

Old 08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

TIME TO FIND A NEW NEIGHBORHOOD OR HOOK UP 220VOLTS TO IT!

Old 08-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

JF,

Sorry to hear about this buddy! Man, that is just plain messed up dude! Honestly, it can happen to
any of us at any time that is the REALITY!. Please keep on the local police department even have
other neighbors call in leads for ya, sometime the sqeeky wheel gets the oil, so to speak.

And I concur, after all you have been through maybe you are marked somewhere in that theft
community, sell the house and start over. Thank God they didn't break in your home with you in
it with a confrontation, results could be different. These crack heads will do anything today, they CARE NOT
about anyone. I know too, I have a brother-in-law who is one. So far I haven't had a run in with
him, but funny how life is, guess what? He just got out of jail after 6 years as of late last week.
And YES, I have been watching my toys and talking with neighbors too about his description and
how IF YOU SEE THIS PERSON JUST KNOW ITS HIM (If we are not at home, we ARE NOT expecting
people over for REPAIRS, INSTALLATION, to give or BORROW anything Yadda Yadda)

A distrustful world we live in!

I feel for ya bro.! God Bless and hope they find the THEIVES and your QUAD (all together in one piece)

Regards,

R'

Quick Reply: My New ATV Was Stolen