Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My New ATV Was Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My New ATV Was Stolen

The title pretty much sums it all up. It was there about 6:30 this morning and gone by 7:00. I was sitting right here and didn't hear a thing. Again. I tracked it down the driveway, through the back yard, and my neighbors back yard, between two houses, over a bush, through their front yard, over the sidewalk, and half-way across the street. Of course my neighbors won't have heard or seen anything. I just got it back from my first service a few days ago and had it and the trailer chained to a fence post. They cut the chain again and I wasn't using the skinny part of it this time. For some reason they broke one tail light off the trailer and took it with them. I was planning on going away for a week on Wednesday or Thursday so I didn't store it elswhere. I thought it would be okay to have it parked here a few days and was planning on keeping it somewhere else when I got home next week.

P.S. If I catch the thieving bastards before the cops do I'll put them through a wood-chipper feet first while they're still conscious.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have got to be kidding!!! That is ridiculous Frank. This is number 5 rigth? I'm sorry to hear that. I despise sorry-no-good thieves. I could get more creative, but I try to keep it PG. That is why I am thankful to have indoor storage for mine. I don't live in a high crime area but ATV's and Motorcycles have a high theft rate here. I guess they probably do everywhere as they are fairly easy to transport and have a high dollar to weight value. Are the cops taking is seriously? If it was stolen that recently it should be able to track it to where it was loaded in a vehicle(if it wasn't a neighbor), and if it was daylight someone saw something. Take it from a former LEO, if the cops talk to the neighbors enough they will eventually come clean if they saw something, usually just to get the Police out of the neighborhood.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

holy cow u got some bad luck, hope you find it

Old 08-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

Wow. Very Sad. People will steal anything, given the chance.
After having one ATV stolen,
has it occurred to you that maybe you shouldn't leave it sitting outside?
It's dumb to leave an expensive ATV sitting around outside.
That's just asking for it to dissapear. Sad but true.
If somebody wants to steal it, than they will regardless of what you do.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Moto Psycho

Yeah HO it's #5 in just over 2 years. If I knew they were going to steal it I wouldn't have gotten it serviced and had a thumbwarmer installed. I want to pull their fingrnails off with a pair of pliers, pour gasoline on, and flick my Bic. I just told the cop that if I catch the theives before he does I don't know what I'll do. They also broke one of the tail lights off the trailer and took the parts with them. Someone is going to a lot of trouble to screw with me. There's only one person I don't get along with. Two if you count "brpbear" but I think he lives in Canada.

Frank

Old 08-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AcadGuru

If somebody wants to steal it, than they will regardless of what you do.</end quote></div>

That is a little harsh. Not everyone has an indoor storage area. It was chained up. It is a shame that theft is so common that someone considers the victim dumb.
FYI I have a friend that had his stolen from inside a garage attached to his house while he slept, so I do agree that if someone wants it bad enough they will take it, regardless of whether it is inside or out.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AcadGuru

If somebody wants to steal it, than they will regardless of what you do.</end quote></div>

Well it won't fit through the door of my house so I have to keep it outside. It WOULD BE dumb to leave it out there if I had a garage. But not as dumb as leaving a car that costs 5 times as much outside. I bet most people here are guilty of leaving a car outside. They're just asking for their car to disappear. That's really dumb, huh?

Old 08-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Might be time to widen a door Frank!

Old 08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

Absolutley unbelievable

Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap dude....... I cannot believe it happened to you again..... your insurance company must be sick of hearing from you....

Maybe instead of a chain get a Teflon cable or a Club for cars or something...... the cables are tougher to cut because they are slick and usually require more time....if they did it that quick it had to be bolt cutters....

Or better yet, get a GPS tracker and wire it into the next machine..... that way if it gets snagged again you can lead the cop right to the scumbags...... or get a security camera and get the scumbags on tape.......

It is probably the same morons every time too.......

Quick Reply: My New ATV Was Stolen