Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

yamaha people putting down polaris

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my opinion brokemybanshee but the blaster is a kids toy. I owned one, then sold it for a 400 2x4 scrambler. I agree that theres alot of flaming goning on in these forums. But if you wade throu all the crap, theres some useful info.

Now I would like to say one more thing.......

You Bought It, You Ride It, If you don't like....

SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2001, 11:19 PM
Range Rover

WhoopDeFreakingDo!

Who cares what's being said in the Yammy forum. I think most of us are here in the polaris forum to learn and discuss our own brand of atv. I've got no time to get into a whizzing contest over who's got the bestest quad.

I get people slamming me all the time 'cause I've got a Trail Blazer. "Why don't you buy a 'Shee?" "You can't handle a 400ex huh?". And these are friends of mine. If I wanted to spend double the money and mess with a clutch then maybe I'd have bought one. But I'm very happy with my little 250 - and with a little luck, someday it will be cranking out 36 horse and I'll sneak past 'em all when they least expect it.

Old 01-30-2001, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe we could all have a pissin contest...ahh wrong forum... yamaha people???... aren't they all busy duct tapeing their carbs back on or something? heehee just had to say that, but all in fun of course!

Old 01-30-2001, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

NewDSLover, I have to agree with you on that alot of people wouldnt be caught dead on one, and Im sure there are alot of people that wouldnt be caught dead on a trailblazer either, it is a kids toy until you put an adult on it, and to tell you the truth its a piece of junk (opinion) as is a trailblazer (sorry), people will agree and disagree all day long but its the truth Im not ashamed and you shouldnt be either, alot of my friends laugh at the blaster (expesically when I try to go throught the bog that they just went through easily and Im buried up to my neck) but its still a machine and you still ride and thats what matters

Old 01-31-2001, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer

who cares what they or anybody else said..i do know from personal experience that the blaster is a pretty capable machine,ive been amazed a few times by their ability,plus the fact their riders seem to be good at it..but i also have to say that after riding for almost a year with a friend that had a big bear 350 that he is now looking for an s/p 500,he got tired of the bear and wants to try an s/p..so polaris cant be all that bad,he has seen my magnum 325 and my exp 425 and is now wanting a polaris..take everything with a grain of salt,its all a matter of opinions and personal taste,enjoy whatever you have to ride,its better than nothing at all

Old 01-31-2001, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I owned a couple Yamies and trust me they have nothing to brag about in the reliability area. Though I liked my Warrior, has allot of good features. We Polaris guys are thicked skinned people we get allot of crap from the Hondu and Yamie guys, not sure why they care, though I do have a few thoughts. Mostly i think it is jealousy thing, epsecially in the utility atv market

Old 01-31-2001, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Jviper,

Are you kidding? Go over there & tell them who is better???? What would that accomplish, nothing! Just more brand bashing thats all. If you don't like it just ignore them.

Old 01-31-2001, 03:27 PM
Range Rover

Well almost exactly a year ago this same topic came up except that the Polaris guys were accusing the Honda guys of putting them down. And most agreed that the Yahama guys were allright. What a difference a year makes! I know that in the past year alot more people have joined, maybe thats why the change of attitude. I for one just like to ride!! And I realize that alot of whats said in these forums is pure B.S. I've seen problems with all brands of quads, but I think that anyone that says they never have problems or that their brand is the best is just setting themselvs up for a majore breakdown. You know, what comes around goes around. And really, whats the point in doing all the bashing? Are you really going to change anybodies mind on whats the best? I didn't think so.

Old 01-31-2001, 03:31 PM
Range Rover
Old 01-31-2001, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer

JUST A QUESTION ? WHAT IS A YAMAHA,POLARIS LOVER DOES THAT INVOLVE A FORM OF HUSBANDRY ? IS SYNTHETIC OIL USED?