Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris 850 XP Shootout

**NOTE** Grizz 700 first year was 07!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Range Rover

That yamaha video is a bunch of crap.They say the polaris is noisy,I've ridden with grizzlies and they are alot louder than my 800.When they showed the clutch why did they hold the brake to keep the secondary from spinning and pin the throttle?Of course it will burn the belt.They also said it costs 700 dollars for engine braking that only does the rear wheels,that is a false statement.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

**NOTE** Grizz 700 first year was 07!</end quote></div>

Thanks for the correction!

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Here is another video for you Polaris faithful to dissect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOUFPWlSuok

Old 10-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on guys I am one who love Polaris as much as the next guy but you need to give credit where credit is due! Every machine has its good points and bad points. If it were not for the competition and they were all the same it would make for a pretty boring ride.

I think that the new XP is going to be a great machine as they finally have 4wheel disc brakes (at least on the 850) and they finally went with a dual arm setup on the front which is great for lifting and bigger tires.

Now I wish they could use more advance materials in the frame to make them lighter to be better trail machine this is one area IMO that is a very bad decision on Polaris's part. Ya you can say they are indestructible and what not but come on now with the exception of the Can-Am you never hear of frame problems with any of the others. This for my riding style is where the Grizzly wins the battle over a Polaris, it is allot easier to throw around 600lbs machine all day than a 800lbs one.

One other thing that they forget to mention in the Polais video is the fact that the smaller and lighter grizz has a 5.3 gallon tank vs Polaris 4.6-4.8 gal Might not make a differace to you but Riding a bike here in Co. I can tell you that will take me alot further without having to take along extra fuel and to me again that is a big plus as that means more room for camping gear ,and that IMO is more important than the tires that come on a quad!

Lets not kid ourselves in the end it all comes down to the little things that soot each of our needs because they all are extremely well built with no real winner, and it only thing that will matter is does it work for you and get you back to the truck at night?

We all have diff needs in a quad and for me the the Grizz seems to be a better choice atleast until a better trail machine comes along.

One thing we all can agree upon thoe is that it is a great time to be a atv fan! [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Actually, of the two guys I ride with who have Grizzlys, one has broken his frame. I like having a frame that didn't break when I did the same exact thing he did. If heavy weight is the price I have to pay to keep it in one piece... so be it.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOUFPWlSuok</end quote></div>

I think sealed electrical connectors would be better but haven't had any problems with my wiring getting wet in 11 years of riding Polaris ATVs even when I went through about 3 feet of water several times. My lights and even my racks were under water and everything still worked without a hiccup.

I don't have any dangling wires anywhere either. It just seems to me like they're trying to find problems that aren't there.

If they don't want to invest the money coming up with quick release accessories, that's fine with me. It's just one more reason to buy a Polaris or Arctic Cat.

I don't know how good the Grizzly 700 is but the 600 was a noisy pile of crap IMO and the 660 feels like it will tip over ever time I make a turn on one. Like you said earlier, ride isn't everything. BUT feeling like you're going to tip over constantly sucks, and I won't won't spend my hard earned money on something that scares me to ride. I'd be better off not even having an ATV.

I will buy any brand that meets my needs, but so far nothing but Polaris does. If Yamaha makes something that I like better I'll buy it. First they need to change their 4x4 system to something simpler. Since I can't test ride ATVs at the dealerships, I can only try what my friends ride. I have to wait for them to get a Grizzly 700 for me to ride, but both my friends with Grizzly 660s say they're buying Sportsmans.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

No need to dissect. If Polaris made a video like that I would be embarrased, and probably complain to Polaris myself. Not sure what that dangling connector was, i dont have one on my 800. Probably something they disconnected. lol
Oh and those "high quality marine grade" connnectors are the same ones that are all over my sporty. The overall quality of most of the top machines is pretty close. Do you really think Polaris would wire up a machine with wire taps and butt splices? Those Yami video is nothing but an indication that they are desperate to stop Polaris from taking Yami ATV sales. It is plain and simply talking S@#$, nothing more. Apparently some people fall for it. IMO it is in poor taste. Focus on your machines strengths, not imaginary weaknesses of other mahines. We all know that no ATV is perfect,they all have weak points. What's funy is that video didn't even pick on the Polaris weaknesses IMO. Just some stuff they made up that sounded good to them.
I buy the machine I think has the best quality and most suits my needs. Before my last purchase I did my homework as I always do and looked closely at a few brands. All said and done Polaris got my money, Can-Am was a close second and the Grizz was 3rd. Polaris beat Can-Am out because of their superior AWD system, stronger frame, and rack and storage that I liked better. It beat out the Grizz FOR ME for alot of the same reasons plus some others.

How did this thread go so far off track?? lol

Old 10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

No need to dissect. If Polaris made a video like that I would be embarrased, and probably complain to Polaris myself. Not sure what that dangling connector was, i dont have one on my 800. Probably something they disconnected. lol

Oh and those "high quality marine grade" connnectors are the same ones that are all over my sporty. The overall quality of most of the top machines is pretty close. Do you really think Polaris would wire up a machine with wire taps and butt splices? Those Yami video is nothing but an indication that they are desperate to stop Polaris from taking Yami ATV sales. It is plain and simply talking S@#$, nothing more. Apparently some people fall for it. IMO it is in poor taste. Focus on your machines strengths, not imaginary weaknesses of other mahines. We all know that no ATV is perfect,they all have weak points. What's funy is that video didn't even pick on the Polaris weaknesses IMO. Just some stuff they made up that sounded good to them.

I buy the machine I think has the best quality and most suits my needs. Before my last purchase I did my homework as I always do and looked closely at a few brands. All said and done Polaris got my money, Can-Am was a close second and the Grizz was 3rd. Polaris beat Can-Am out because of their superior AWD system, stronger frame, and rack and storage that I liked better. It beat out the Grizz FOR ME for alot of the same reasons plus some others.

How did this thread go so far off track?? lol</end quote></div>

Funny as that is the same thing I said in a previous post we all have diff tastes and needs in a quad. I just find that after owning a Popo ( thoe a great machine) that a lighter more nimble chassis such as a Grizz fit my needs much better. I also find that big power in a ute is pointless unless you absoultly need it for big jobs or mudding but other than that it is just a big fuel waster and besides if I have the need for speed that is what my Raptor is for [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Please dont take this as criticism of Polaris but more as a diffrent way of looking at things!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Funny as that is the same thing I said in a previous post we all have diff tastes and needs in a quad. I just find that after owning a Popo ( thoe a great machine) that a lighter more nimble chassis such as a Grizz fit my needs much better. I also find that big power in a ute is pointless unless you absoultly need it for big jobs or mudding but other than that it is just a big fuel waster and besides if I have the need for speed that is what my Raptor is for [img][/img]

Please dont take this as criticism of Polaris but more as a diffrent way of looking at things!</end quote></div>

I responded to the fact that you said you wished the POPO vids were real world like the Yami vids. The Yami vids are far from real world IMO, that's all I was saying, and my replies had very little to do with any ATV really but were more about the advertising tactis of the manufacturer. Funny how one person can see something one way and another person see the same thing in a completely differe t way.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Yep just two diff opinions is all!

I guess my biggest complaint on all these tests is that all manufactures including car co. do test to make there vehicles look better when in reality they all can do the the same job but in diff ways with diff styles of thinking, and as we have been saying all along you got to first find your needs/wants in a machine then match that machine to those items!

Quick Reply: Polaris 850 XP Shootout