Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Brought her home yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brought her home yesterday

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: opie1har

Just got it home yesterday from the dealer!! Rode it about 22 miles so far. This thing is absolutley incredible!!! The steering is so easy, it really does feel like it has the power steering, even though it doesn't. I really don't see the need for the one with EPS unless you have a disability. I just couldn't imagine the steering being any easier.

The power is just ignorant! Just touch the throttle and its going. I'm still breaking it in and riding it easy, so no wheelies yet, and I've only had it about 28 MPH max so far.

One complaint, it already backfired 7, yes, 7 times so far. I already called my dealer this morning and the salesman is going to talk to the techs and then call me back. He said I'll probably have to bring it in so they can look at it and probably adjust something.

Other than that, it is one amazing machine. The suspension is great. A really smooth ride, and it does not squat at all when I get on it.</end quote></div>

Does the cluch seem to respond quicker than on previous models?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

I'v being enjoying my new ride to. 106 kilometers on it now.
Very Very happy
I moved from an 02 700 to this.
Name:  groupone074.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  122.0 KB

Old 10-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Range Rover

Congratulations lobodog 3 on your new wheels!!
Ozarkhunter, yes, it does seem to respond a lot quicker!! You just touch the throttle and the thing wants to take off, it is really amazing. A ton of power!
THe dealer is going to pick it up tomorrow to check out the backfire. It still did it today, even after I filled it up with 93 octane, about 3 or 4 times. Hopefully they will just adjust something right and then bring it back. I really don't want to be without it for too long. The thing is just way too much fun.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: opie1har

Congratulations lobodog 3 on your new wheels!!

Ozarkhunter, yes, it does seem to respond a lot quicker!! You just touch the throttle and the thing wants to take off, it is really amazing. A ton of power!

THe dealer is going to pick it up tomorrow to check out the backfire. It still did it today, even after I filled it up with 93 octane, about 3 or 4 times. Hopefully they will just adjust something right and then bring it back. I really don't want to be without it for too long. The thing is just way too much fun.</end quote></div>

Keep us posted on what they do and if it fixes it.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Looks sweet. Any chance either one of you guys with the new XP's weigh one front and one rear tire and wheel. Just curious how much the 14" wheel package weighs. I had a Grizz and the stock tires and wheels all together only weighed 84lbs.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

In looking at the front rack there looks to be some sort of hing above the headlights. It that what it is and is there some sort of storage under it.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Range Rover

Actually, that is not a hinge above the headlights. That is where the rack fits into place. It is lock and ride, and there is very little storage under it, also is access to radiator cap, ADC fill, and brake fluid, as well as fuses. At about 4 minutes and 30 seconds on this video, he takes it off and you can see what I am talking about. Hope this works and helps. Click on this

Old 10-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Range Rover

Well, the dealer picked it up today, and they brought it back while I was at work, I work second shift. My wife said that they told her they adjusted something on the throttle, she wasn't quite sure, (women). I am going to call them tomorrow to find out what they did, and take it for a good test drive. They also said that they drove it around on their test track and, of course, it would not backfire for them. I checked the odometer and they must have driven it for 5.6 miles as it now has 68.9 miles and 7.8 hours on it.
I never really thought about weighing the tires and wheels before, instead of taking them off, I would rather just ride it!!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4

Looks sweet. Any chance either one of you guys with the new XP's weigh one front and one rear tire and wheel. Just curious how much the 14" wheel package weighs. I had a Grizz and the stock tires and wheels all together only weighed 84lbs.</end quote></div>

Not to "diss" the Grizz, but one of the "bad" about that machine is the poor thin OEM stock tires it comes with. I heard that the only reason that the Grizz, King, etc. (Japanese) bikes come with thin poor tires...is so that they can make that magical 600 lb rating. Put a good set of 26" Radial tires...and the weight adds up.

That is partly why the Polaris Sportsman weighs more. They come with really good tires straight from the factory.

Sorry off topic...but wanted to explain...a bit.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Indslpwr04

In looking at the front rack there looks to be some sort of hing above the headlights. It that what it is and is there some sort of storage under it.</end quote></div>

Like Opie said, it isn't a hinge, there are 2 metal tabs where it looks like there are hinges that slip into brackets on the machine, then the lock and ride rubber deals hold the back down. No real storage, just access to the stuff opie mentioned. There is a low profile lock and ride storage box available that replaces the rack. I think the box should be standard equipment for the money they cost. The lack of standard equipment front storage is the only beef I have with the XP so far.

Quick Reply: Brought her home yesterday