Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Brought her home yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brought her home yesterday

That video is really good. I was a little put off by Po9laris removing the front storage box, but know i see thatr you can replace the front rack with a box. Its kinda cool. I'll just wait a year or so before i start looking.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Range Rover

Hi Opie1har
I'm thinking about upgrading to the 850 XP and I'm curious how thirsty this machine is. Once you've run it a bit would you post how many miles you get to the tank or the mpg. It sure is a nice machine.
Take care,
Dave

Old 10-15-2008, 05:38 AM
Range Rover

Opieihar our local dealer has one that they fouled the plugs on within a few miles they said it was from starting it up for people and shuting it off before it had a chance to warm up. It also has a bad rear axel that Polaris has said is the result of a bad batch. I got to try another one they had this weekend and it is everything that was mentioned here and then some. I may trade my RZR on it yet. Good luck with yours.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I thinkthere is a small bag you can put under the front rack but there definetly isn't enough storge space standard on this quad!
I just got one and so far that is the only thing i am not happy with!
No backfires with mine so far! Just gobs of power and FUN!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I thinkthere is a small bag you can put under the front rack but there definetly isn't enough storge space standard on this quad!

I just got one and so far that is the only thing i am not happy with!

No backfires with mine so far! Just gobs of power and FUN!</end quote></div>

Congrats!! Post up some pics or vids! I should have mine next week. Agreed on the front storage...the low profile lock and ride box they have should be standard.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: opie1har

Thank you guys very much, hopefully the 93 octane fixes this problem, then I could use 91, a little cheaper.

Hopefully I can ride a little "harder" tomorrow as I am going to work now[img][/img]

But, I bet my wife will be out on it a lot this evening!!!</end quote></div>

Yes congratulations to you opie! Mine should be coming in early next month so please let me know how your machine is. Unfortunately, I'm unable to see the pictures here at work because they block them, but would you mind sending them to me? My email address is DuramaxGMC@hotmail.com

Thank you,

IronBear

Old 10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

Just curious how your making out with your new 850.
Take good care,
Dave

Old 10-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

Since it has been at the dealer, it only had one little backfire, not really that loud. The next time I fill it up with gas, I am going to reset the trip odom and try to figure out the mileage, right now I am gonna guesstimate about 60 or miles on a tank.
The storage, or lack there of, is the only downside to this thing that I can tell so far. Polaris does have about, I think its 65, new lock and ride accesories just for the new XP's. I definately need to invest in some.
I finally got the winch, deluxe front brushguard and deluxe rear bumper installed yesterday before work. More pics to come [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

heres my 550 with the **** on it and the box open, i paid canada money 160 for the box plus tax
Name:  groupone075.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  107.1 KB

Old 10-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: opie1har

The next time I fill it up with gas, I am going to reset the trip odom and try to figure out the mileage, right now I am gonna guesstimate about 60 or miles on a tank.
</end quote></div>

WOW! I hope your estimate is really off. I mean...the XP has a 5.25/gal fuel tank and only getting 60 miles out of a tank would put that at about 11.4mpg.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

If that is the case...Wonder if the Feds are going to add a "gas guzzler" tax. Plus...I'm going to have to purchase several fuel containers to take along those long trail outings. LOL!

YES...please keep us informed.

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Brought her home yesterday