Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

550 xp pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 550 xp pics

If that box is a add on that does that mean it's FULLY WATER TIGHT,..No rubber plugs in the bottom that will pop out under pressure through a puddle?........Caper........

Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

If that box is a add on that does that mean it's FULLY WATER TIGHT,..No rubber plugs in the bottom that will pop out under pressure through a puddle?........Caper........</end quote></div>

It has the same rubber plugs, and the lock and ride latches are inside the "sealed" area.

Damn lobodog3, glad I don't live in Canada! I saw the front and rear brush guards, package deal for $191

Old 10-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

i saw that package on ebay. i wonder if breese would sell just the front.....man polaris NEEDS to update their site so i can get that box! has anyone come across a winch mounting bracket yet? im think about getting a venom or a warn but i cant find a bracket.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

Breese has the front by itself also. Right now they are running 10% off the highest priced item, I bought the deluxe front and rear brush guard package for like $232 shipped.
I highly reccomend getting the Polaris or Warn made for Polaris winch for easy and clean install. If the XP is anything like the 08's they are pre-wired. Maybe a little more expensive but they bolt on in minutes, at least it did on my 08. Some guys were having problems with the aftermarket mounts not fitting right, had the winch tilted up.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

Does anyone know how the front storage box CAPACITY compares to the old style box?

I can't really tell from lobos's photo.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

I haven't seen any specs yet. Looks to be close,maybe a little less space? I've seen the rear in person but can't find the front anywhere,not even online.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

Does anyone know how the front storage box CAPACITY compares to the old style box?

I can't really tell from lobos's photo.</end quote></div>

Polaris say's 10% bigger.
I dont know as i have not seen how big the older machines are.
But i know when i wash the machine no water goes inside the box if that helps any.
And i can put my soft cooler in it with a bunch of water bottles(mm beer) in it.
remember dont drink and drive,,,,you might spill some,,,,

And did i say ....I really like this bike.
Polaris is going to sell a **** load of these bikes,the older ones are going to loose a **** load of money on trade in when these get popular.
Its like the stock market boy's sell and buy sell now and get the XP's while your bike are still worth something.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lobodog3

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

I can't really tell from lobos's photo.</end quote></div>

Polaris say's 10% bigger.

I dont know as i have not seen how big the older machines are.

But i know when i wash the machine no water goes inside the box if that helps any.

And i can put my soft cooler in it with a bunch of water bottles(mm beer) in it.

remember dont drink and drive,,,,you might spill some,,,,

And did i say ....I really like this bike.

Polaris is going to sell a **** load of these bikes,the older ones are going to loose a **** load of money on trade in when these get popular.

Its like the stock market boy's sell and buy sell now and get the XP's while your bike are still worth something.</end quote></div>

Sold my '08 today and got a fair price..my XP should be here next week, it shipped yesterday... I can't wait...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas,lol. So far the only things I like better about the old style is the front storage that comes standard and the rear stick guards that the XP lacks. I'm not concerned with the fact that the snorkels are lower,if Iwant to go swimming I parkthe machine and jump in. Overall the XP rocks in comparison,and my 08 800 was hard to top IMO. The steering and suspension on the XPs is truly amazing! Bravo Polaris!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lobodog3

Now i'm looking for new tires as these are crap,my old bike had xtr's

I now have 136 kms on the machine</end quote></div>

If you don't mind me asking lobodog3, but why do you say, these tires are "crap"? Do you mind giving them a type of review?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I'm pretty interested how they perform...

Thanks,

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

this is why, i think, he says they are crap...not enuff bit in the slippery mud. i had fun too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] its first, and im sure not last, time stuck

Name:  xp5.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  209.2 KB

Quick Reply: 550 xp pics