Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

550 xp pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 550 xp pics

LOL...... im in it now, how did you insert a red bike for my black one.
There's not enough rubber on these tires,there great for every thing but slick mud.
Did i say how much i love this bike.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wlvrn

this is why, i think, he says they are crap...not enuff bit in the slippery mud. i had fun too [IMG][/IMG] its first, and im sure not last, time stuck

http://i136.photobucket.com/al...p%20sportsman/xp4.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/al...xp%20sportsman/xp5.jpg

Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

I was concerned about the tires, and this confirms it. Not sure why Polaris would step to less aggressive tire than the PXT's. I know they have to find a balance, but the Terrathons look like blacktop tires to me. I haven't even got mine yet and now I'm looking for tires,lol.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

lol

Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lobodog3

snip...
Now i'm looking for new tires as these are crap,my old bike had xtr's

I now have 136 kms on the machine

...</end quote></div>

Lobo,
What tires are you thinking about? 14" kind of limits the selection, luckily I think the UTV's run 14". I'm looking at the ITP Terracross,among a copuple others, but damn they are expensive! Wonder if my dealer will give me credit for the Terrathons? lol

Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 550 xp pics

Congrats to the new owners... sweet rides. a couple ?s if you have the time. Did you try the EPS? and do you feel the radiator is well protected?.. Keep the pix and stories coming.. thanks kj

Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kristkevj

Congrats to the new owners... sweet rides. a couple ?s if you have the time. Did you try the EPS? and do you feel the radiator is well protected?.. Keep the pix and stories coming.. thanks kj</end quote></div>

The EPS units aren't shipping just yet so experience with them is very limited. I have seen the machines in person but I'll leave the radiator question to those who have had more time and experience with them. Hopefully I'll be able to look the machine over more thoroughly this week, as mine is due to be here. Yippeee,lol.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 550 xp pics

Highoctane, If you look up the front wheel wells it looks unprotected let me know what you think? I was quoted $7850 for the eps 550 (non camo).

Old 10-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kristkevj

Highoctane, If you look up the front wheel wells it looks unprotected let me know what you think? I was quoted $7850 for the eps 550 (non camo).</end quote></div>

I did notice that the radiator is alot more visible from the wheel wells, if it is a weakness i'll find out soon. I blaze alot of woods where there is not a trail. I pushed through many areas with fairly thick with 1-2" saplings on the 800 with no issues, hopefully the XP can do at least as well.
I'll let you know.
That deal doesn't sound too bad. Best price on that unit I have seen is Ritchie's in TN, $7383, Abernathy's,also in TN has them at $7499. Both place charge little or no fees. I showed those places to my dealer and he made me a good deal. Basically It would cost me more gas than it would be worth to drive over and pick one up. Some places ship,but I'm happy with the deal I'm getting and know my dealer will stand behind the machine. I'm getting the non-EPS 850 for $7999+tax. I'd say if your dealer is one of those who says "well go buy it there" when you show them the competition then you shlould maybe find another dealer.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 550 xp pics

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wlvrn

this is why, i think, he says they are crap...not enuff bit in the slippery mud. i had fun too [img][/img] its first, and im sure not last, time stuck

Name:  xp5.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  209.2 KB</end quote></div>

Yup...I can see that these tires are not very good in the mud. Dang...they do little to NO self cleaning...no wonder you got stuck. Might be a good time to purchase a winch for your XP. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing those pics!

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default 550 xp pics

From the looks of it even PXT's would make it through that in 2wd,lol. I hope you were at least trying to get stuck. If not I need to install my winch before the 1st ride or I'll be stuck less that 100 yards from the house,lol.

Quick Reply: 550 xp pics