Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just picked up a new Sportsman 550 XP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008 | 10:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Just picked up a new Sportsman 550 XP!

I'm all smiles tonight fellas. Just pulled the trigger on a new red 550 XP. Also got the winch and a plow system. I test drove both the 550 and 850 (put my review in another post here) and decided that the 550 was plenty and the price was right.

I'm picking her up tomorrow. I'll post some pics though I'm not sure why....we all know what they look like but **** with it, its fun showing off your new toy!

I'll post some updates on the performance...feel free to ask specific questions if you want.

Old 10-23-2008 | 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Sweet!!, keep us up to date on how you like your new ride, is that your first Polaris atv? I would like to know how it rides and how it steers. Show us some pics.

Old 10-23-2008 | 11:24 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

This is indeed my first Polaris atv! Glad to be part of the family. I really wanted to buy American, especially living in these times when our economy is collapsing. Not to mention that I see absolutely no atv out there that is engineered like the new XP. Being a mechanical engineer, I really appreciate and understand what went in to this machine. What a nice job by Polaris coming out with atv that is done right....at least on paper. I'm crossing my fingers that this thing is as tough and reliable as it is capable right out of the shoot.

I come from a long line of Yamaha loyalists in my family. We have 4 Yamaha atvs (1988 350cc, 1991 225cc, Kodiak 450, and a new Rhino 450) and they have literally NEVER broken down...ever. Only oil changes, brakes and tires. They have been unbelievable in terms of reliability and toughness....I really hope that this Polaris matches that. Because of these past experiences, it was really hard for me to break ranks here. But like I said, I wanted to buy American and I did.

Old 10-24-2008 | 12:57 AM
Range Rover

Congratulations on your first Polaris!!!
I am sure you will be more than pleased with it. Definately show us some pics as soon as you can.

Old 10-24-2008 | 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the family!
I just picked up my 850 today. I'll start another thread with details, but I agree I see ALOT of improvements.
I really liked your review of your test rides. Being a Mechanical Engineer explains it,lol.
We can always use more pics!

Old 10-24-2008 | 01:15 AM
Range Rover

Highoctane, congratulations on yours!!!! It is about time you got it!! We just need some pics now. Have you had any seat time on it today? I am sure you probably have, lol.

Old 10-24-2008 | 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Opie,

Thanks.
I Just started a new thread. Actually it was late when i got back so I didn't ride much. I did a few laps in the field and pulled it into the garage to install the winch and brush guards.

Old 10-24-2008 | 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the 550 XP cc-rider! Looking forward to your eval and any info you care to share. I am especially interested in the "plow system". Definitely need pics of that setup! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2008 | 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on your new 550 XP!
I kind of like that red color, but it wasn't an option on the 850's so I went with Stealth Black.
I really like the plow system on the XP's they are very easy to put on and take off and the plow mount is very unobtrusive when you don't have the plow on!
You are going to really like the anti-kickback steering too!

Old 10-24-2008 | 08:59 AM
Banned

Congratulations cc-rider on your new purchase. Like you, this will be my first Polaris too. I was told that my machine will hit the dealership sometime in December.

IronBear

Quick Reply: Just picked up a new Sportsman 550 XP!