Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question to EFI Owners?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

I've wondered why they don't efi the scrambler or update it for that matter..Aparantly scrambler sales have been down.It has been a staple of polaris's line up for the better part of 14 years.Maybe it will just live out it's life as a quad utility owners buy there wife.May be they will pull the plug for a year and redesign the scrambler.</end quote></div>

That is because most people are going to a modern sport 4x4 such as the Rengade 500/800 that does have EFI and both will walk all over a Scrambler.

Polaris and Yamaha both need to get it in gear and redo there sport 4x4 's to be more competetive!</end quote></div>

I know even when yamaha redesigned the wolverine it still was very unimpressive and imo looked like crap.Maybe an 850 efi scrambler with dual a arm suspension putting out 70 horsepower will put the renegades to shame!!</end quote></div>
Heck I would even be happy with a Raptor 4x4 450/700 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2008, 12:25 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Are you sure that predator number is right?</end quote></div>

Got those Numbers from here,there crank Numbers not wheel numbers. http://quads.ca/bb/viewtopic.p...560c484ce0528bcd3e027e

OFF Road.com Put a 03 Pred on a Dyno and posted this.http://atv.off-road.com/atv/ar...leDetail.jsp?id=192404

I would like to know what the newer 525 is ?

More ATV HP Numbers http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum....wcat=4&viewtopic=14497

Old 10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

Are you sure that predator number is right?</end quote></div>

Got those Numbers from here,there crank Numbers not wheel numbers. http://quads.ca/bb/viewtopic.p...560c484ce0528bcd3e027e

OFF Road.com Put a 03 Pred on a Dyno and posted this.http://atv.off-road.com/atv/ar...leDetail.jsp?id=192404

I would like to know what the newer 525 is ?

More ATV HP Numbers http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum....wcat=4&viewtopic=14497</end quote></div>

42 sounds right. Outlaw Claimed horsepower at the crank 51.5 and it takes 4.78 seconds to reach 50mph.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EFI starts easier and runs at any temperature, altitute, or humidity. No re-jetting or adjusting the idle every winter and changing it back for summer. No worrying about if you choked it too little making it hard to start, or too much making it impossible to start because it's flooded. On the 500s you get better gas mileage and 1.5 more horsepower. It gives the 500 power that's equal to a 520.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Read these over and you decide , Myself Carb call the way .

I have a 06 ranger 500 efi got up this morning up hunting and nothing tested battery it's good are there any fuse links on the 06 ? i have checked connections on ingition and nothing can jump the soleniod and it will turn over but will not start thanks in advance for your help

All I have an 08-700 X2 and 2 of the wires have brokin at the solder joint inside of the plug for the T-BAP. I was able to remove the ruber O ring and slide it over the wire and push it back in and reseat the O ring to get a conection. I need to make it Perm. Question? have any of you had this yourself and what was the fix...replacement conector or more invalved? The unit is under worinty but I like to have a clue when I take it in. The folks are super at the dealership I use and they will order in advance if I know what is needed and they will fix it as i stand by, as I live 65 miles away and hate to drop it off and then go back to P/U. Any help ....I thank you in advance!!!

I had the same problem on my '05 700, it ended up being thr ECM which was recalled twice already and it was the defective ECM's on 2 '05 500 also. Flashes hot and or fan stay's on.

We took our brand new Sportsman 400 for my wife and my new 500 EFI out for the first time today. We had a great time and the 400 ran great all day. My 500 was fine at first and then ran good except it would not idle. Very frustrating especially the downhills and hard on the starter too. I wish Polaris would have put the starter button over by the left hand, so you could hold the brake and hit the starter with the same hand.

So when I got home, I read the book and like I suspected with EFI, it says if the idle is unsatisfacory, see your Polaris dealer.

However I tightened up the slack in the throttle cable to where it would idle now. I think. It was touchy and had to do it a few times because once I thought I had it, and the next time I started it , it raced too high, or it was too low again but it seems OK now.

But, did I do it wrong? This is my first ATV with fuel injection and being brand new, I don't want it jury rigged. Is this the way the dealer would set the idle?

One other thing that happened once and scared me because the little 400 would have had a hard time (to say the least) pulling me out of there.
Went to start the 500 after repeatedly stalling , pulled the brake and it did nothing. Put it in neutral, it still did nothing but the key was coming on cause the IP came on, just no starter engagement.

After trying it several times, turning he key on and off, it just started cranking, like nothing was wrong. Only did that, just that one time. Any body have any ideas or had this happen before?

Other than these things I really liked it alot better than I liked my '08 Grizzly 450. Altho I never had any problem with the Yammie except the rear seal.

I sure was wishing I had 3 hands today tho.
One to hold the brake; one to turn the key; and one more to give it a little gas , so it would start.

Hey guys,

Im havng running issues with my 500 efi. the motor tends to just cut off and shut down when it wants. you can start it right back up and 30 seconds later it cuts off again.

I have done some reading and its appearant that My t-bap harness may have went south on me.

can some one tell me where this little harness/sensor is located. i want to check for and frayed or broken harnesses. Ive heard there is a replacement harness for this. How involved is it to install? I havent checked for any codes yet. will do so when I get home. It positvely cant be corroded for the bike has never seen any water or mud. Its in immacultent condition.

Does anyone know the price of one of these? and also a part #.

Thanks in advance for your help.,

hey guys,

after coming out of the woods today my 500 sportsman cut off for no reason. as it sputtered off the check engine light come on. she would start right back up and cut off 30 seconds later.

it checked the diagnostics and the battery read 11.7. is this too low?

what else could be wrong? is there any plugs that may have come loose. if so what do i need to check? If i can recall some wires on a sensor can fray causing this problem

this quad is in mint condition so i cant imagine what would be wrong with it

-------------------------
2007 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI New Mossy Oak Camo Edition.

hey guys,

im trying to get the screen to throw a code at me for my bike just cuts off when it wants.

i called my dealer and he knew exactly what my problem was (tbap harness) he said for 125$ it can be fixed. i guess ill have it done by them..

The dealer first thought it was the t-bap harness, then the mechanic told me to try and wiggle the wires on the throttle position harness first, and that's what it was. The orange wire (if I remember correctly) goes from the tps to the t-bap. I was getting a code 45 (Barometric Pressure/Manifold Air Pressure Sensor Low). Sure enough it was the harness on the throttle body and not the harness on the air box. When I messed with the wires, the check engine light would go on and off. I was told the problem was Polaris made the harness too short and the wires would vibrate loose or break. The harness for the t-bap(air box) was about $28, and the tps harness(throttle body) was around $36. It's an easy fix no matter what harness your need to replace. The diagnostic mode while in park and turning the key 3 times is the EFI diagnostic mode, to get flash codes when the check engine light is on. The neutral / reverse override diagnostic mode just gives you general info; battery voltage level, AWD Diagnostic Screen, Gear Circuit Diagnostic Screen, & Programmable service interval. Have a good one!

Does anyone have access to the diagnostic tree to diagnose codes, I have a 04 700 EFI Sportsman. The service manual I have doesn't have the info, says see the dealer. I have the codes and descriptions, just how to figure out what is wrong 41 Air Temp Sensor

Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

10/4 spdcat,carbs are great for i,i must live at a perfect elevation cause i never had to use the choke in any weather....smooth as silk,power to spare,170 main jet,needle jet all but one notch up,pilot drilled larger.do a search on efi or ecm problems,tons,many years!!!!