Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP offer for previous Sportsman owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP offer for previous Sportsman owners

Just a question I traded a RZR for my 850 XP I had an 05 800 SP that I traded for the RZR in Aug 07 would either of these bikes qualify for this offer?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Depending on where you ride if you keep the stock tires you might want to add winch to that list,lol. Seriously though a winch is IMO the #1 most important accessory for peace of mind. I never used the one on the 800 to get unstuck,but knew it was there if I needed it. I already have used the one on the 850,saved me from quite a walk and then hunting down someone to pull me out. My tractor nor my truck would get back where I got her stuck. It wasn't even that muddy,just a combo of mud and trees and I basically got in a position where I would not get out under the machines own power without doing some serious damage to the machine. You may never need it, but the 1st time you do and don't have one you will kick yourself. Not to mention it comes in handy for pulling out other brands(lol) and glaoting about it, also clearing dead falls from trails ect ect. I'd rather winch something like that, that is a real heavy load, than stress the belt/machine by trying to tow it.</end quote></div>

Good point, depending on my cash flow, I may look into one. However, when I owned my Prairie 650, I never owned a winch nor ever needed it, BUT, that was when I lived in Connecticut, now I'm in New Hampshire and the trails are MUCH different there then CT.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Lobodog3 and Nightclerk-There is a toll free number on the page that has the form. Try giving them a call. Let us know what they say.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Trailblazer

Like Highoctane said, give em a call. The offer does nto contain any restirctions. You only have to own a Sprotsman and buy an XP before 01/31/09. As I recall, the note on their site said to call if you could not get the form to upload.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

Not to change the subject, but my dealer just informed me that Polaris has a 12/5 ship date of my quad!!! and that I should have it about a week later.

Now, what if I don't have my Camping World president card, can I still fax over a copy of my receipt with my President Membership number, along with a copy of my drivers license and bill of sale?

Thanks again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

Nightclerk, I just looked at the offer and it states "you must have owned a previous Sportsman ATV". Sounds like you qualify. All you need is your prior VIN. My guess is they worded it that way so that it would cover folks who traded in their machine on a new XP. True, you had a RZR in between but the offer is pretty open-ended.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Range Rover

I read that too miande but the form is asking for current sp & it has been 16 months since it was current for me lol. I am going to talk to my dealer as my 850 purchase is kind of complicated....much in my favour.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Iron Bear-You will have the card before the machine even ships but again no need to have the card before you buy. You just need to have joined prior to buying. Save yourself and your dealer some heartache and don't even mention it to them. They most likey will not know about it and will spend about 30-45 min. on the phone with Polaris before they find out they have nothing to do with it and you have to fax the stuff I posted above. Trust me as long as you joined prior to buying,buy before 12/31 and fax in the stuff I posted above you will be fine. Don't stress. Been there done that,lol.

Nightclerk-I filled out the page tonight. It has been about 1 month since I sold my "previous Sportsman" and I know the ESC i had has been transferred to the new owner through Polaris. I entered the info it asked for and this was the response-
"Thank you, your request has been entered. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of your Billet Shift **** and Extended Service Contract. Click here to visit the Polaris ATV homepage"
Either double check the VIN you entered and/or call them. The fine print isn't real clear,one place makes it sound like you need to still own the old Sportsman and another leads you to believe you do not. If you can't get the VIN to work I would call them and perssuede them you qualify as the offer is pretty vague. You can do it I'm sure.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Iron Bear-You will have the card before the machine even ships but again no need to have the card before you buy. You just need to have joined prior to buying. Save yourself and your dealer some heartache and don't even mention it to them. They most likey will not know about it and will spend about 30-45 min. on the phone with Polaris before they find out they have nothing to do with it and you have to fax the stuff I posted above. Trust me as long as you joined prior to buying,buy before 12/31 and fax in the stuff I posted above you will be fine. Don't stress. Been there done that,lol.</end quote></div>

I joined Camping World yesterday so I'm good to go. However I did tell my salesman that I decided not to go for the extended warranty. They were going to charge me $630 for a 24 month contract, yikes! But again, thanks to you and the other members for the plethora of information, I just saved some great money.

In addition, I did some more negotiating with my dealer and he is throwing in the brushguards (both front and rear) for $145.00. Again thank you for helping me with this too. And I may look into the winch now that I'm saving some money on the warranty.

IronBear

Old 11-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

That's what we are here for. That's a good $100 savings on the brush guards. Just make sure they are the Deluxe if that is what you want. The Extremes are quite a bit cheaper. I'd hit them up on a 3500# winch as well as part of the deal..can't hurt to try.

Quick Reply: XP offer for previous Sportsman owners