Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Outlaw 90 info needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Outlaw 90 info needed

Hey everyone,

I have finally convinced my wife to let me buy my son a quad for Christmas. I have looked at the Honda TRX90 and the Polaris Outlaw 90. Does anyone here have any advice / knowledge of the Outlaw? Reliable? Known problems? Etc?

I'm sure I'll get harassed about this next point.....I own 2 Hondas currently and love them, but I am not sure about getting my son a Honda since it isn't automatic, doesn't have reverse and just doesn't looks as "cool" as the Outlaw.
I've heard great things about the Polaris brand and was looking for any advice available regarding the Outlaw.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 11-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

I have been really happy with our Outlaw 90. As with all quads I have heard a story or two with problems but ours has been extremely dependable. In fact it just made it through an entire XC race season with our 12/13 y.o. daughter. She won the A class 14 and under State championship with it. The only modifications we did to it was a uni filter, a full exhaust by MaximumRPM.com and jetting. The only problem it ever had all season was somehow the rear brake light wire pulled out and when she hit the brakes in the scoring chute it blew the main fuse. Once we figured out what was going on replaced the fuse and she was back going again. The reverse on the Outlaw is very easy for younger riders to use and with just simple mods there is decent low end power to be had.

Now if she was to race MX I would look at the DRR or Apex, but for the woods the Outlaw was very dependable and handled very well.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Evasiveone,

My son will not be racing it (for now anyway), just going on trail rides with me and his Mom. He has started getting on my wifes 250 but it is too big and I don't want him to get used to riding a big quad. I've heard good things about the Polaris but never owned one (only Hondas).