'09 Sportsman XP tires -- SNOW Report

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 04:13 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 Sportsman XP tires -- SNOW Report

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biz4two

The tires are from Carlisle. Funny thing is...I just checked there website and the 26 Terrathon's aren't even listed.

</end quote></div>

Now we know why! LOL LOL

Carlisle is not stupid. They probably just about give away most of the OEM tires to the manufacturers knowing full well that MOST folks are going to buy aftermarket tires... maybe from Carlisle, or one of the Carlisle companies like ITP [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Time for chains? lol

Old 12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biz4two

The tires are from Carlisle. Funny thing is...I just checked there website and the 26 Terrathon's aren't even listed.

</end quote></div>

Now we know why! LOL LOL

Carlisle is not stupid. They probably just about give away most of the OEM tires to the manufacturers knowing full well that MOST folks are going to buy aftermarket tires... maybe from Carlisle, or one of the Carlisle companies like IPT. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I don't think they list the PXT's either do they?
They are way better than the Terriblethons,must be an agrement between Polaris and Carlisle. I bet money Carlisle make the POPO belts too..although you can find a listing for those.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Time for chains? lol</end quote></div>

Not yet but I have them just in case!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2008, 04:21 PM
DCT
Banned

They are way better than the Terriblethons,must be an agrement between Polaris and Carlisle. I bet money Carlisle make the POPO belts too..although you can find a listing for those.</end quote></div>

Nope on the PXT's. Folks say they are the 3 ply ACT's... beats me.

I know I searched and searched and searched for Terriblethons... and couldn't find a thing. LOL LOL

Old 12-14-2008, 04:27 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I plowed down the road that comes up to our place and on the way back up the terriblethons [img][/img] were spinning with the plow raised up! They just had to spin and claw all the way! (over .5 of a mile!)

Kind of fun but I'm sure that if I don't get tires soon I'll wear these out!LOL![img][/img]</end quote></div>

Hey rancher,

We went riding for a couple hours today up on our mountain. I put 3 lbs (up from 2.5 last trip) and put 50 lbs of weight in my rear cargo box. That combo seemed to work pretty well on the packed snow with the 489's.

However, I'm not sure anything will help the "Terriblethons". LOL

Old 12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

They are way better than the Terriblethons,must be an agrement between Polaris and Carlisle. I bet money Carlisle make the POPO belts too..although you can find a listing for those.</end quote></div>

Nope on the PXT's. Folks say they are the 3 ply ACT's... beats me.

I know I searched and searched and searched for Terriblethons... and couldn't find a thing. LOL LOL</end quote></div>

They are close to the ACTs,but if you believe each star represents 2 plys the PXTs are 6 ply..not sure I believe they are 6 ply. Maybe 6 real thin plys,lol.
In any case they are leaps and bounds better than the Terriblethons.
I looked at Carlisle's stuff awhile back for the Terribles and found nothing as well...
Maybe they are left overs they made for Suzuki,look closely at the tread design,lol

Old 12-14-2008, 04:47 PM
DCT
Banned

They are close to the ACTs,but if you believe each star represents 2 plys the PXTs are 6 ply..not sure I believe they are 6 ply. Maybe 6 real thin plys,lol.

In any case they are leaps and bounds better than the Terriblethons.

I looked at Carlisle's stuff awhile back for the Terribles and found nothing as well...

Maybe they are left overs they made for Suzuki,look closely at the tread design,lol</end quote></div>

Yep, there was a "debate" here a while back on the 3* thingy. LOL I'm staying clear of that one, and just say this... my 489's are 3* rated too. If that is suppose to mean 6 ply, then it's the flimsiest 6 ply I've ever seen.

As far as I'm concerned a "6 Ply rating" says... 6 Ply rating. LOL

Old 12-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I plowed down the road that comes up to our place and on the way back up the terriblethons [IMG][/IMG] were spinning with the plow raised up! They just had to spin and claw all the way! (over .5 of a mile!)

Kind of fun but I'm sure that if I don't get tires soon I'll wear these out!LOL![IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Hey rancher,

We went riding for a couple hours today up on our mountain. I put 3 lbs (up from 2.5 last trip) and put 50 lbs of weight in my rear cargo box. That combo seemed to work pretty well on the packed snow with the 489's.

However, I'm not sure anything will help the "Terriblethons". LOL</end quote></div>

Yea, I've been thinking about PSI and weight but haven't tried it yet. If I find a combo that works I'll post it.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that with these tires! lol![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

This is a nasty one guy's!
I plowed my drivway at 4:00 am this morning and by 5:00 am it was completely drifted in again (about 18" drifts in a couple of places.) Winds are around 25-40MPH and it's still snowing! I had to call in to work to stay home and make sure my wife can get out too!
You guy's east and S. East of N. Central Id. look out!
It's supposed to warm up in the next couple of days, then it will start to melt off!

rancher

Quick Reply: '09 Sportsman XP tires -- SNOW Report