ATV with plow pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:36 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV with plow pictures!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Polaris500Sportsman

DCT, noticed you have the 60" blade, how does the 500 handle it?? can it push ok with that width??</end quote></div>

Yep, pushes it no problem. If I'm going slow... I just put it in low... it will push the whole pile. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Notice that 5* J's* has the 60 Moose plow on the same ATV that you have. His plow is even heavier. Of course, that actually may be an advantage.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here's mine. This is an old pic, pre this snow season. I have a Windshield, synthetic rope for winch, Whelen L32 amber LED beacon

Name:  4-Wheeler035.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  113.4 KB

Old 12-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks DCT, I have the 54" glacier on right now and when angled all the way the 10" wide Mud Bugs stick out past the blade. Thats why I was wondering about just getting a wider blade to mount on to the push frame.

A little off topic but in colder temperatures does anyone else set there quad to a faster idle when warming up or anything?? I just tighten up the agjustment on the right handle bar and idle it a bit higher in colder temp. The same idea as a diesel truck.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

I think only advantage of having the bigger bike is to get those backs pushed back as much as you can. Extra weight behind the shove keeps them in place for long as one can. Could do it with a smaller one I'm sure but damn his this big thing effective ati it!

Warming mine up, it's efi so I just let it do it's own thing, also being twin doesn't take it long. I start it and go shovel the walking paths let it warm up, then before I go I put it in neutral and rev it a few times with some fast jabs of the throttle to get the belt warmed upped. Or at least loosened up a little from sitting in the cold garage.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Here's mine,

Old 12-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah mine is EFI as well i let it warm up at normal idle for a few minutes then set it to a higher idle with the throttle agjustment on the handlebar, I also leave it in neutral while it is warming up. I just didn't know if it would wreck anything having it idle a few hundred RPM faster

Old 12-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hamman0512

Here's mine. This is an old pic, pre this snow season. I have a Windshield, synthetic rope for winch, Whelen L32 amber LED beacon

</end quote></div>

I almost posted a question to see if I was the only one with an amber [img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img] flasher. You gotta love how the Sportsman has a place to plug it in.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:27 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]Right after I got my atv, I bought a weatherproof 12v acc. plug(with a cover) and drilled a hole to the left of the tailight under the rear rack. I plug my amber beacon into that plus it's nice to have another acc. plug in the rear for whatever I might need without plugging in up front. Ran it with inline weathertight fuse direct to battery which is right near it anyway. I put the beacon on the right rear corner of the rear rack extender. That way I don't have any cords or lights flashing in my way. NOTE; Police in town where I used to live (Hastings, MN.) said as long as I had a flashing amber light, I could legally drive the atv(with the plow attached of course) anywhere in town as long as I obeyed traffic laws. No different than the cities own utility vehicles driving yearround on the streets. Anyone else try this?Problems with the police?? Thanks

Old 12-31-2008, 03:31 AM
Range Rover

As anyone done anything on the sides of the plows to get it to old more snow? I end up loosing quite a bit each pass till I finally start cleaning it all up and take care of the lines it leaves.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:37 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]TheJcode, your "H" key must be sticky!!!LOL. I'm pretty sure all the companies that make plows all have "sideshields" available for them as well. Check it out.

Quick Reply: ATV with plow pictures!!