Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I want a plow

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want a plow

where are you guys that your ground isnt frozen before it snows!!!! i plow with my truck and do my whole front yard.... the ground is frozen solid...never hurts it a bit...

Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Range Rover
Default I want a plow

I agree - if the ground is frozen - put the plow to the ground, you are not going to hurt the dead/frozen grass. I don't agree with the larger plows... I have a 50" and love it. You can angle it one click and go down the trails. When you have deep, wet snow you can't go more than one click to the side without your machine turning sideways - - - and I have a 700 EFI. A 60" would be worse.

My avice - Go with the Glacier I, and stick to the 48-50" so you can go where you need to without removing the blade. GL

Old 01-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I want a plow

I would reccomend the Glacier 1 or something else other than the Glacier 2. The G2 mounts are bending. I love the G1. It came unhooked once when I hit a curb that would have wrecked a lesser brand plow or ATV. It was a lot like hitting a brick wall and it unlatched. I popped it back on and it's been going strong 3 winters without coming off again. The only thing I would say to get that's different from mine is if you're going to plow with it angled to one side all the time you should probably get the 60". Whatever size, brand, and model you get be sure to get a rubber snow deflector on top of it.

P.S. If the temperature is 20 degrees outside the ground is probably closer to 35 degrees. The heat from the center of the earth comes up year round. If you're worried about wrecking the yard wait until it gets down to 10 degrees or lift the blade a little. A winch will hold the blade at any height indefinately.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default I want a plow

There is also a wear bar that Polaris makes for their plows that is designed for use on grass, It is called a floating plow blade wear bar part #2875369 it sells for $49.99 USA and $59.99 Can.
It has a rolled bottom edge so as not to dig in.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Trailblazer
Default I want a plow

With the floating blade thingy can you also plow the driveway?

Old 01-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default I want a plow

I have an 08 500 ho with a 60" cmp blade. I have the old style push tubes with the moose country low pro mount kit and adapter for the push tube. I know i may not get as much lift height as some of the other plows but mine is stronger! One problem a friend of mine ran into with his rincon with a similar setup as the g2, he cannot angle the blade all the way to one side and lift the blade, it scrapes the ground, where as mine i can angle it all the way to do sidewalks and lift it up to clear the ground. I know its an old style setup but like they say the older the stronger!!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Range Rover
Default I want a plow

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: blkedoutsprtsman
I have the old style push tubes with the moose country low pro mount kit and adapter for the push tube. I know i may not get as much lift height as some of the other plows but mine is stronger! One problem a friend of mine ran into with his rincon with a similar setup as the g2, he cannot angle the blade all the way to one side and lift the blade, it scrapes the ground, where as mine i can angle it all the way to do sidewalks and lift it up to clear the ground. I know its an old style setup but like they say the older the stronger!!</end quote></div>

X2........The lower mount on a Eagle comes off in a couple of minutes and goes back on in the same......no loss of groung clearance

Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Moto Psycho
Default I want a plow

I had a CMP plow on my '97 and it was a royal PITA because I had to remove the mount so it wouldn't get bashed on rocks and stuff when I trail rode, and then I had to bolt it on again to put the plow back on. I tried leaving it one one year and had to take it off, straighten out the bent parts, and file down the burrs where the edges got peened. I didn't like laying in the snow everytime I wanted to hook it up or unhook it either. My G1 mount stays on all year and doesn't hang up on anything, and I don't have to lay on the ground and push the blade back and forth with my feet to put pins in under the ATV. The CMP plow worked but it's not even in the same league as the Glacier plow.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Range Rover
Default I want a plow

Jumbo does your plow have a lot of side to side sway? Mine does maybe I do not have it hooked up right.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Moto Psycho
Default I want a plow

I never really noticed any play but I think there is some. My old plow moved around enough to see it when I plowed next to the house. Maybe they all have some play in them. The next time I use it I'll grab the blade and see how far it will go side to side. It only snowed a couple inches Tuesday so I didn't plow this week.

Quick Reply: I want a plow