Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

850 xp belts

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850 xp belts

Bad dealer or not, the fact remains that to destroy a belt in 20 hrs there is something wrong , hopefully its just a defective belt or it,s a clutch problem and needs the "alignment" or "deflection" set up. Then thats the Dealer problem to do under warranty.

If its was just a defective belt I would not drive one hour even if the dealer was to replace it for free. I would just want the belt shipped to my house by mail and do the 20 minute
belt change myself first.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

I agree,no way it should have failed with no defect in the belt or a clutch problem like TLC said. Unless maybe it was getting wet and somehow not slipping enough to notice when wet?
Rooster66 on HL lost one real quick and when they pulled the cover the seal was damaged and it was not installed properly,like it got caught on something when the cover was originally installed. Apparently there was evidience of water being in the cover but somehow he never noticed a problem until the belt shredded..
Again his was covered...
This the exact reason I drive an hour and a half to my dealer..when there is one 10 minutes away...the one close by would try some crap like this dealer is doing. They have never gotten a dime from me and never will.
The cover can be pulled in 15 minutes easy,so a belt swap is alot easier on an XP than some people think.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

I think we all need to know who this dealer is and where they are located.

Please tell us sombitch_ls1 asap.

~MT</end quote></div>

GOT GEAR MOTORSPORTS of Ridgeland, MS

Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

called the dealer earlier today and was pretty much told the same thing as last time... i brought up the fact that polaris says 5000mi on the belt with limited warranty bla bla bla. they still say that belts are in no way covered under warranty... they said they will look at it, check it out and see if it was problem with the machine or abuse... i have in no way "abused" my ATV... riding an ATV hard is not abuse in my eyes.... i may be wrong

Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

Straight from the Polaris website...

Limited Lifetime Belt Warranty
2001 to current year Polaris ATVs, Rangers, Polaris Professional Series, and Sportsman 6X6s carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty on drive belts.
To qualify for this belt warranty policy, the owner must follow the recommended maintenance schedule with their Authorized Polaris Dealer. The belt itself must be deemed defective using the guidelines given to the Polaris dealer by the manufacturer of the belt and Polaris Industries. This warranty will not cover belt replacement due to operator error, normal wear, or belts that fail due to lack of proper clutch maintenance

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://.....s.c...es/Faq.aspx
">"&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.polarisindu...s.c.....es/Faq.aspx
">"&gt;&lt;br "&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.polarisindustries.c.../Pages/Faq.aspx
&lt;br ">&l.......s.c...es/Faq.aspx
</a>
</a>
</a>
]http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/ContactUs/Pages/Faq.aspx
&lt;br [/L]

You need to call Polaris and don't stop calling them until you get satisfaction,not enough people follow through on stuff like this,that is why Polaris doesn't police dealers enough(IMO)...
If more people would complain and keep calling Polaris until they do something,ask for a supervisor.. ect..until you get POLARIS to get involved then things might change..don't take "contact you dealer" for an answer. As long as people accept "call you dealer" Polaris has no reason to do anything apparently..when we start running up their toll free bill and loading up the tasking on POLARIS paid employees with repeated calls maybe they will change something.
I for one will spend as much time and money as it takes to make sure a company does the right thing,even if it would be less of a hassle and cheaper to do it myslef.
I love working on machines,but when something is warranty issue they ARE going to fix it.....
There are ways to go above Polaris..they are governed...there are laws and they apply to them just like every other company in the country..
Sorry..crap like this ticks me off...Rant over..

Old 01-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Straight from the Polaris website...

Limited Lifetime Belt Warranty

2001 to current year Polaris ATVs, Rangers, Polaris Professional Series, and Sportsman 6X6s carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty on drive belts.
To qualify for this belt warranty policy, the owner must follow the recommended maintenance schedule with their Authorized Polaris Dealer. The belt itself must be deemed defective using the guidelines given to the Polaris dealer by the manufacturer of the belt and Polaris Industries. This warranty will not cover belt replacement due to operator error, normal wear, or belts that fail due to lack of proper clutch maintenance

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://.....s.c...es/Faq.aspx
">"&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.polarisindu...s.c.....es/Faq.aspx
&lt;br ">"&gt;"&gt;&lt;br "&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.polarisindustries.c.../Pages/Faq.aspx
&lt;br ">&lt;br "&gt;&l.......s.c...es/Faq.aspx
</a>
</a>

</a>

]http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/ContactUs/Pages/Faq.aspx

&lt;br [/L]

You need to call Polaris and don't stop calling them until you get satisfaction,not enough people follow through on stuff like this,that is why Polaris doesn't police dealers enough(IMO)...

If more people would complain and keep calling Polaris until they do something,ask for a supervisor.. ect..until you get POLARIS to get involved then things might change..don't take "contact you dealer" for an answer. As long as people accept "call you dealer" Polaris has no reason to do anything apparently..when we start running up their toll free bill and loading up the tasking on POLARIS paid employees with repeated calls maybe they will change something.

I for one will spend as much time and money as it takes to make sure a company does the right thing,even if it would be less of a hassle and cheaper to do it myslef.

I love working on machines,but when something is warranty issue they ARE going to fix it.....

There are ways to go above Polaris..they are governed...there are laws and they apply to them just like every other company in the country..

Sorry..crap like this ticks me off...Rant over..</end quote></div>

Couldn't have said it better

Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

I've been through similar stuff over the years with different companies...they learn to not like me....when I am clearly right I get my way come hell or highwater...lol
It might be a cheaper to fix yourself but in my mind it is all about the principle of standing behind your word. Not fixing a warranty item like that and saying "Polaris doesn't warranty belts" when they clearly state that they do is no different in my mind than if you just decided to not make the last 2 payments...think they would let that slide without a fight? Of course not..

Just an anology,I know Polaris doesn't finance..but you get the point..

Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

Just read of another belt failure,this one at ~150 miles...trying to get details..

Old 01-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 850 xp belts

Hope it works out for ya sombitch_ls1.

Some dealers feel that you owe them something...not sure why. I would make a call to Polaris directly...with a concerned voice if this is happening to other XP owners. Maybe suggesting a recall might need to be issued. Talk like that...might help take you more serious.

Good luck...

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2009, 06:25 AM
DCT
Banned
Default 850 xp belts

I agree 100% with what HO, TLC and others have said here. Talk to Polaris and demand (at first in a calm professional manner) that something be done to rectify the issue.

Polaris claims that the belt on the XP should last around 5000 miles under normal conditions... something is wrong and causing the belt to be damaged... that's a warranty issue.. period!

Quick Reply: 850 xp belts