Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850 xp belts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

Look at it this way guys.

He just spent $10,000 for an ATV!

FIRST belt should be replaced no charge NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

WTF is wrong with this dealer!</end quote></div>

This dealer is UNBELIVEABLE! all he wants is to put a few bucks in his pocket from the LABOR charges on what should be a FREE belt replacement! $230.00 for labor on a belt change is absurd! At $70.00 hr labor, that would mean he thinks it will take 3.28 hrs to replace the belt!?! I think that he is just a greedy SOB that couldn't care less about his customers and has probably has been getting away with SH*t like this and will continue to, until he goes out of business![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Sorry guy's my rant is over now too, for now!LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2009, 11:04 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default 850 xp belts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>$230.00 for labor on a belt change is absurd! At $70.00 hr labor, that would mean he thinks it will take 3.28 hrs to replace the belt!?! </end quote></div>

I Know.

I have changed them on the trail . Even if they offered to change the belt for free,it would take more time to load the ATV in the back of the truck and haul it across town.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

agreed... well i got the xp loaded up and ready for the haul in the morning... i'm taking it to them and i am not leaving there unless i have my belt installed for FREE! i demand it.... some folks may think im asking to much but when i wrote out that big *** check to them they were so so so nice and wanted to know if there was anything else at all they could do for me... bla bla bla.. 2 weeks later after my wheels and tires finally showed up (act of congress getting them to get the wheels and tires.. but thats another story) they wanted to make me pay them to put em on.. i was going to let it happen cause im usually pretty soft spoken but slowprocess made the trip with me and he demanded they do it for free.. (thanks bud) now they dont want to replace a belt after only 20hrs of the breakin period!!! IMO thats like buying a $50,000 caddy and having it throw the serpintine belt and the caddy place not wanting to put a $25 belt on for free after spending that kind of money on a vehicle! im so aggravated i dont really want to go talk to them cause im afraid i'll blow up

Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

I look forward to hearing how this turns out. I've heard about so many crooked ATV and cycle dealers it's not even funny anymore. For some reason they can get away with this crap more often than car dealers, which I guess is because there's lot of good, honest, non-dealership mechanics that can fix you up. Not so with ATV's... you usually have to go back to the dealer for service. I guess this is why our local Polaris dealer attracts business from all over the state to our little rural area- he's HONEST and backs up his merchandise.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

GOT GEAR MOTORSPORTS of Ridgeland, MS

Thank-you for telling us the dealer name......now we know who to stay away from.

This is the guy's FIRST BELT. Certainly $70 list price can be absorbed by the dealer on a TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR new ATV sale! (I'm sure they charged you the bogus set-up fee and bogus doc fee which is just more profit for them)

Warranty or not this guy bought BRAND NEW, spent BIG BUCKS, is traveling MORE THAN 2 hours round trip, just give the guy the damn belt!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

GOT GEAR MOTORSPORTS of Ridgeland, MS

Thank-you for telling us the dealer name......now we know who to stay away from.

This is the guy's FIRST BELT. Certainly $70 list price can be absorbed by the dealer on a TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR new ATV sale! (I'm sure they charged you the bogus set-up fee and bogus doc fee which is just more profit for them)

Warranty or not this guy bought BRAND NEW, spent BIG BUCKS, is traveling MORE THAN 2 hours round trip, just give the guy the damn belt!</end quote></div>

They aren't worried about the belt money..they are trying to rob some labor charges. I wonder if they would have filed on it(warranty claim) and still charged him? I bet it happens...but it is easy to find out if they do but most probably wouldn't even check..

Old 01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Range Rover
Default 850 xp belts

Just FYI list on the 850 belt is $134.99.

And they charged $102.00 labor.. But, they replaced the belt, all four brake caliper mounting brackets and brake pads at all four wheels and installed my new wheels/tires.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

Just remember that you receive a SURVEY from Popo on this dealer/delievery experience/product/svc after the sale.

Don't forget to fill 'er out!

(mine was online for some reason so also watch your email)</end quote></div>

I have not received a survey from Polaris and I got my XP in late Oct. 2008!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:02 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default 850 xp belts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>all four brake caliper mounting brackets and brake pads</end quote></div>

What was wrong with the Brakes after only 20 hrs?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

I wonder which belt is on the 850, is it the same as the 800? The 800 belt is quite a bit tougher and more expensive than the 700 belt, maybey not enough for the 850 though.

Quick Reply: 850 xp belts