Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front storage box on XP

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front storage box on XP

This is a dumb question but before I call my dealer ...... I bought the twin XP's with front storage boxes. Today I when I removed the storage boxes to clean underneath I notices that the original plastic platform is removed when the storage boxes are installed. I am referring to the stock plastic piece platform on the front. The dealer never gave me the removed pieces.

Did you guys with the front storage boxes get the stock platform from your dealer if you had them install them? I think I want mine for whatever reason down the road.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

hell yeah, that is yours, go get it

Old 01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

I thought the original piece stayed in place and the storage box mounted on top of it but when I removed the box today it I learned otherwise. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yes..call and get the rack...some dealers seem to be in the habit of keeping them when guys buy storage boxes and only giving them back if the customer asks...
One guy told me his dealer has a pile of them....that is CRAP if you ask me...unless the dealer gave you credit(and explained that during the sale) for it or at least asked if you wanted it, it is plain wrong IMO...but it seems to be getting common...You know they will be selling them when guys run into something and crack their front rack..
So all you who have bought the machine and had a front box added should call your dealers and get YOUR rack...
There is alot going on when you go pick up your machine...little stuff is easy to forget...the dealer should say.."hey we got your rack that we took off, don't forget it"...not "hey that guy isn't going to ask for his rack..cool we'll keep it"!
Arrrghhh...I swear I am easy going but when I hear crap like this it really chaps my you know what!
I mean really...does the dealer need a pile of front racks? No...they are just trying to get over on the customer IMO...
That is almost as bad as dealers who pilfer tools out if tool kits...laugh..it happens..especially the spanner wrenches...

Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

That is almost as bad as dealers who pilfer tools out if tool kits...laugh..it happens..especially the spanner wrenches...</end quote></div>

----------

what spanner wrench? just kidding lol ... I agree HO I was pissed when I took the box off and the rack wasn't under there. That is BS.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ruggo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

That is almost as bad as dealers who pilfer tools out if tool kits...laugh..it happens..especially the spanner wrenches...</end quote></div>

----------

what spanner wrench? just kidding lol ... I agree HO I was pissed when I took the box off and the rack wasn't under there. That is BS.</end quote></div>

Yep..don't feel bad there are apparently alot of guys out that thought that...now THEIR racks are stacked up at shady dealers..
And no kidding inventory your tool kits...I don't know if employees like to swipe the spanners to keep on hand for buddies or what but some do swipe them..I guess they think that most owners will never notice..just like the racks..
Afterall there are people out there that don't take ATVs as serious as we do...I mean if I bought a computer for example and an employee swiped a small accessory I would probably never know...lol

Old 01-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

This is good news in a way. I thought the racks stacked also and I have the rack extensions installed on my front rack. I thought that I would loose the tie down locations because the front box would not fit with the rack extensions. If the rack has to come off then I can use the front box for most riding and throw on the rack with the extensions when I go on my big hunting trip in order to pack fuel. I hope you get your front racks back so you have the same versatility.
Take care,
Dave

Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

Just spoke with the dealer. They said no problem getting the front racks just stop over and pick them up. That is fine and the dealer is only 15 minutes from my house. They sounded surprised that I wanted them which doesn't make sense to me as you would think everyone that bought the front storage boxes would want the option to put the racks on and be able to strap equipment or tools on it. A bit of a pain but I still am very pleased with the dealer and their staff. Everyone there has been extremely helpful. Still A+ for Moms South.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad to hear you received your racks back w/o a problem. Afterall, they are yours! LOL!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Range Rover

Glad you are still pleased Ruggo, but honestly I woul be PO'd! They never should have kept them in the first place. Should have came with the machine. Just my 2 cents. If you never said anything they could have sold them.

Quick Reply: Front storage box on XP