Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front storage box on XP

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:41 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front storage box on XP

Good points HO. However, here's how my dealer does it...

You order what you want and he has one delivery a week. When it comes, you "root" around in a dark corner (he doesn't turn on many lights) to find what you ordered. So, he doesn't have a lot of time or money wrapped up in the transaction. LOL

Seriously, I'm thinking that next time around, I'm going to pick out ALL the Polaris accessories that I want when I purchase the quad and see if I can get a better "total" deal, rather than buying the stuff piecemeal. If not, I'll shop around for the accessories.

Thoughts?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

DCT the $149 you see is in the US look closer & it is $229.99 Canadian + 13% tax + shipping now tell me we are not getting screwed by Polaris!!! Dealer cost here was $116.99 Canadian so I think I got a great deal.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

Good points HO. However, here's how my dealer does it...

You order what you want and he has one delivery a week. When it comes, you "root" around in a dark corner (he doesn't turn on many lights) to find what you ordered. So, he doesn't have a lot of time or money wrapped up in the transaction. LOL

Seriously, I'm thinking that next time around, I'm going to pick out ALL the Polaris accessories that I want when I purchase the quad and see if I can get a better "total" deal, rather than buying the stuff piecemeal. If not, I'll shop around for the accessories.

Thoughts?</end quote></div>

Hey whatever comes out being the best deal IMO..sometimes dealers will sell you accessories at a large discount during a machine purchase like that to make the sale..that way they bundle everything up and it isn't a bunch of "little" sales...
Same way places will make you a better "package deal" if you buy alot of accessories in one order..less man hours spent per item..as long as they are at least making some profit,even if it is only a few bucks,they are likely to give you a good deal on the accessories to make to bigger money on the machine..

Old 01-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

I got 15% off of my front box, deluxe front bumper, and rear rack extender when I bought mine. The sales guy even screwed up and said the XP comes with a free 3500lb winch. It don't, but he gave it to me anyway and will install it for $99.00. When I delt on mine I did it with these acc and just gave him a price that I was willing to pay OTD, taxes doc fee everything. They said ok and since i bought it this month, I got the 2 year warrenty and a billit shifter ****. Now I just have to wait for them to get the sunset one in from another dealer. I wonder why they dropped the rear work lights on the XP?? Only the LE and Camo ones have them.