Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Raider Hanguards

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raider Hanguards

I was browsing around in our local Gander Mountain store last weekend and found a pair of Raider Hanguards. I thought that they were regular price, but apparently they were marked down. Only paid $18 for them. I think they were regularly $39. My question is, after I've read the instructions, it states that you may have to move the throttle assembly and or brake assembly in order for them to mount. After looking at the handle bars, I ain't got a whole lotta room for movement. I don't think they'll fit and look right. I'm not gonna be out a lot of money if they don't but, $18 is $18. Don't think they'll take them back considering they were on clearance. So do any of you guys with a Polaris have them installed? I so post up some pics I'd like to see the fitment.

Thanks in advance,

Hulk

Old 02-14-2009, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raider Hanguards

Welcome to the forum Hulk!
I don't have any hand guards right now but I'm thinking of getting some soon.
How much room do the Raider's take up on the bar?
I'll probably stick with the Polaris one's though.
Good luck!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raider Hanguards

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I don't have any hand guards right now but I'm thinking of getting some soon.

I'll probably stick with the Polaris one's though.

Good luck!</end quote></div>

rancher....
Powermadd makes a nice handguard.....I believe it's the star series....You can also get a "hand wrap" which is a bar that connects the guard to the end of the handlebar for extra protection.....I was thinking about putting these on last year but never got around to it....

John

Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raider Hanguards

Hey Hulk I don't have the Raider ones so I cant be of much help. If you cant get them to work I would try taking them back. You may be able to even if they were on clearance.

Rancher, I have the Polaris ones and love them. I originall bought them for the Hawkeye and when I traded it I took them off and the bolted right on tho the Sportsman. They hold up well, I havent broken them yet and are awesome for trail riding. My first ride on the 800 I learned fast that they do an excellent job at protecting your hands from those nasty Pennsylvania Green Briars. I seldom wear gloves when riding except for the winter and I got tore up. I had to put my cheapo Hand Muffs on til I can buy guards for it. Another great thing about the Polaris ones is that they dont take up any room on the bars, the mount goes right on the winch mount on the left and the throttle on the right.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Raider Hanguards

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I'll probably stick with the Polaris one's though.</end quote></div>

Thanks for the welcome. I don't have them installed yet. Just testing the water before I try. Spent alot of time on the Sportsman today, And I think they might fit. Only thing that may be an issue is the brake lever and resivour that might cause some clearance issues. I might try it out tomorrow. If they won't fit, I'll prolly take them back and end up buying the Polaris ones so I know that they'll fit. I really like the wrap around ones, but I think the dealer wanted close to 60 or 70 bucks for them. May just end up going with the ones below for 40 bucks.

[img][/img]

Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raider Hanguards

Thanks Rowe! I didn't realize they mounted like that!
I will be getting some soon!
I don't think I'll go for the wrap around one's either.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Raider Hanguards

i have the polaris ones and they mout perfectly but i have busted the throttle side three times it has been cold here but com'on plastic what was i thinking....Hulk if you post pics of them we may be able to help.....and welcome!!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Raider Hanguards

Well I got them on! Had to move over the brake fluid reservoir, and throttle box over about 1/2". They were really simple to install. They look o.k. Don't know if I'll like them or not, But the color is spot on, even down to the metallics. The hand guard on the throttle side seems to stick out a little far, but I guess it's something that I'll get used too. As soon as I can steal the digital camera from the wife, I'll try and take some pics of them installed, and some pics of my rig. thanks for the input guys.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Raider Hanguards

Do the PowerMadd ones, will they spring out if hit in either direction? That was the problem with my
Polaris handguards once pushed on a little the plastic part that bolts to the plastic arm snapped.

I tried Gloria glue a couple times but it was toast. Its not hard to smack them.

Thx,

R'

Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Raider Hanguards

Here are some pics of the handguards after the install.

Name:  SportsmanFront.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  Hanguards.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  38.8 KB