Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

rotopax or Kolpin gas can

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rotopax or Kolpin gas can

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ncitro

OK so I got 4 cans with 3 day shipping for 48.82 each. Basically an extra $9 each for expidited shipping, plus coming directly from the manufacturer. I guess I am ok with that. That way if it leaks I am covered by their warranty.

Also I was $159.92 before shipping for 4 cans, so thats $39.98 per can. $.03 difference.

I am not sure if when you order the cans individually on ebay if you get the clips for connecting the cans together or not.</end quote></div>

Right not sure either. When I do order (not sure eBay or Manf.)...I will purchase the 2 right away.

Here is a link to a different eBay auction for the 2 pk fuel.

Rotopax 2pk fuel eBay

biz

Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is tomorrow here yet?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

I just bought a single fuel tank, and the First Aid kit with the L-Brackets for mounting. If I like the way the mounts work out I will order 2 more fuel packs for 2nd quad. I figure a full internal tank and plus a 2 gal pax on the 550 will equal or be close to the same mileage as my 850 with a full internal tank and 2, 2 gallon paxs.

Another thank you to Jason for great made in USA products and the 20% discount. Saved me over $50.

brian

Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

Fiddlefart. Coupon code not working for me. I bought a roto 4gal tank 3 weeks ago and now trying to buy brackets. So much for a 20% discount.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Hey there all...I just purchased my first atv and plan on long range drivng...so I ordered the rotopax...two of the interlocking flat jugs....you will need the mounts as well....they are expensive....I thought two came in the kit to work with the double tank system but you need to order two at about 20.00 a piece....you could dick around and make your own mounts....but anyways.....Thor is right Jason who sells the jugs is great to deal with....I made the error on the one bracket and he emailed me personally to tell me I would need two instead of waiting for me to be disappointed with my order....he also gave the 20% discount..just type atvconnection in the coupon dialouge box....anyways....I needed to send Jason more money and dont have paypal so he is letting me send a personal check....they are a class act company getting off the ground and offering us here a discount on a great product....I know personally that many of the kolpins leak....anyways.....happy trails.... Maine

Old 03-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

hey it did not work the first time for me because I had an s on the end of atvconnection.....anyways....I did notice today on my new atv brute 06 that there is a spacing where the bracket plate needs to go....so maybe will have to make another flat plate to mount the base of the rotopax mount.....if I had known this I would have saved the 40.00 and fabricated my own mounts....the hardware stores sell the winged turn handles and you could make a plate and weld a square stock to fit the hole with a threaded nut on it to accept the turn handle or you could just velcro it down....not sure how I will mount mine.....maybe I will build a poor man's rear box and mount the flat gas jugs on the back?? We will see....I use to work for a welder as a fabricator so I will come up with something....happy trail Maine

Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

"Weather problems"!! Maybe It'll be here tomorrow?

Old 03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

Has anyone had their recent orders ship yet? I have not gotten a tracking number and my order just lists as processed on the website. I have called Jason and left him a voicemail as well as an email with no reply yet. I was hoping to have them for a trip this weekend.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

Got mine yesterday SWEET!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: rotopax or Kolpin gas can