Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

rotopax or Kolpin gas can

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rotopax or Kolpin gas can

RticKwad -- Thanks for the update.

Please keep us informed...because I am interested in the Shipping charges really. I am buying the Rotopax 2 GAS for sure...but not sure from Rotopax directly or eBay. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

biz

Old 03-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

Okay cool, Jason returned my email:

"

Hi, I see you were trying to place and order on our site. If you will go ahead and use the "atvconnection" discount coupon and then in the notes area say FREE WATER PACK as per Jason we will also include the Water Pack. Our system is only set up to accept one coupon. Thanks Jason..."

So I am going to try it like he said, let you know in a few!

R'</end quote></div>

Guess I should have contacted Jason. I tried to get both discounts and could not. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I did the water discount because it was a little more bang for the buck.
I got mine yesterday. 8 days, not too bad. 2 fuel, 1 water and 2 of the flat brackets. Install them today...
They appear to be quality made...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry have been sick not on the forum in the last few days. I never got a call back or email back from Jason, but my containers shipped Monday. Kind of upset that after two voicemails and a email I never got a response.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

Also I paid for three day select shipping and will not get it until Friday. Shipped on Monday, not 3 days by my book. I was glad to support someone who posted on the forum, but have not seen him post since his first one.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

I got my purchase in about half the time I was expecting (shipped to Canada), see camera by nickname for pics. Be sure to either rinse them or take the lid off and hold them upside down while hitting them to get out any little pieces of plastic.

I'm psyched to go for a ride where I'll need the extra fuel now LoL.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Cool deal and I like the pics GTSnoRacer. Okay so you didn't get the mounts? Well my story is I DID CALL JASON and talked to him at length about the products. He did give me the atvconnection discount. I opted for the L-shaped mounts since it seems that you can do more with them, remove the piece for flat mount on the front cargo and I will attempt to mount on the rear and still use the rear cargo box. So lets see when I get it and what I was able to come up with.

He seems like a cool dude and very accommodating. If anyone else had the problems with the site YES please call him and order by phone he will setup a CALL TIME for you too. Great customer service!

I will report on the product when I get it, thanks for the TIPS on the PRE-WASH to remove the plastics. Is there a screen for the nozzle to catch possible debris if found in gas container?

Thanks,

R'

Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.

Hey GT, Where do you put the rest of your gear now that you got the gas can's, LOL. JK i know you can put the cooler's on top. Enjoy

Old 03-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer

To answer your Q, there's no screens in the stock nozzle, but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to come up with something...

I didn't get the mounts because I don't want to drill in my racks...only had it for 3 months and yea...I'll try the Velcro straps that came with it, or some cambuckle or ratchet straps (they're always going on sale).

You mean there's gear besides fuel, water and trash bags? JK

Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Koplin is the only way to go and I painted mine camo to match my wheeler. I heard paint doesn't stick well on rotoplax.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well I got mine and it really does seem like good quality. Question, for cleaning the GAS dual combo 2 gal containers, what do you use and what do you do? Since gas is going in there I would hate to use water or any soaps to clean it out. BUT I don't want any plastic debris or shavings going into my tank either.

Thanks for the info.!

R'

Quick Reply: rotopax or Kolpin gas can