Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dealer Wrong.....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer Wrong.....?

Hey, does anyone have an extra seat for a sportsman? I seem to have eaten mine last night while sleepwalking......

Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

INTERVENTION - I caught a couple of kids out behind the shop eating my ATV.

"BRAINS, we need BRAINS." - Not the kids - mostly the lawyers.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

Even though I not his biggest fan, We can not blame Obama for this one. It was in the works back in the September. It really is not a political it is the CPSC (consumer product safety commission). It is a govt agency all the congressmen take their recomendations and pass laws accordingly. First it was toys now kids 4 wheelers. Every house built prior to 1974 has a lead paint diclosure. All the classic autos contain lead. Fishing lures have lead. Shotgun shells and bullets are lead but if your recieving lead in this fashion you have bigger problems. My point as lead is everywhere, where are they going to stop? When our kids have eaten all the their fourwheelers they will find another substitute to get their RDA of lead. I will be mad when I get on the lake only to find all of my tackle has been eaten. You would think that swallowing fishing hooks is more dangerous than a little bit of lead.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

There is talk of banning lead ammunition. That rots. I usually sprinkle lead shot on my front cab plastic from my ATP for breakfast... Seriously, as MegaXP has said, lead is everywhere. It is most dangerous in a powdered form (sanding lead paint covered wood, etc.) Pretty soon we'll all ride on wobbly tires because the lead wheel weights I used to balance tires with are banned. That rots too. They are delicious on a toasted hotdog bun with mustard, ketchup, and sauteed onions.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

There is talk of banning lead ammunition. That rots. I usually sprinkle lead shot on my front cab plastic from my ATP for breakfast... Seriously, as MegaXP has said, lead is everywhere. It is most dangerous in a powdered form (sanding lead paint covered wood, etc.) Pretty soon we'll all ride on wobbly tires because the lead wheel weights I used to balance tires with are banned. That rots too. They are delicious on a toasted hotdog bun with mustard, ketchup, and sauteed onions.</end quote></div>

Hey Moose, Do you dry toast you buns or butter them and throw em on the grill? You mentioned ketchup mustard and sauteed onions and I could help but start to salivate. I going to peel all my tire weights off right now and get cooking. I'm going to add some kraut though!! LOL

Old 03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Mega XP, I tired the kraut addition too. Unfortunately the pickling in the kraut destroys that familiar lead taste we have grown to know and love.
Unfortunately this also happened when I put a good dill relish on there.

I am going back to the old familiar deli mustard and mayo as my only condiments.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

If the government wants a truly effective lead removal program, they should try removing it from the behinds on some of the people getting welfare. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Bigbros_Farmtoy never thought about t pickeling ruining the familiar taste. Glad you caught me before I ruined them. Give me another maketing idea though, Pickeled rim rusters make a great bar food. Nobody actually eats that stuff for the taste anyway. If the Govt is going to protect us from things that are "bad" for us, they should outlaw birthdays. Too many of them SOB's will kill ya.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

If the Govt is going to protect us from things that are "bad" for us, they should outlaw birthdays. Too many of them SOB's will kill ya.</end quote></div>

roflmao

Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

I think the government should buy these back at full retail from all individual and dealers if they are making these illegal. If you can't sell one if you have one and you can't get parts, what good are they? When these arebanned then everyone that has one has suffered an economic disaster. Govt would bail out the banker that loaned the money in the first place would they not?</end quote></div>

<u>
where do you think the governement gets "their" money. FROM US!!! they shouldn't buy them back. they should not pass ignorant laws to begin with.</u>

Quick Reply: Dealer Wrong.....?