Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dealer Wrong.....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Wrong.....?

My dealer still has kids quads on the sales floor.
Would you tell him he isn't supposed to sell them because of the Ludicrous lead paint thing or just let it be?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would let him run his business the way he wants to run it. But thats just me...

Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

I would not tell him he could not sell them. I tell him to slap some labels on those babies that say " Do not allow your child to chew on this ATV".

Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

I heard on the local news that the law is in effect, however it will not be enforced untill next year. Not sure if that means, hey dealers, get rid of you current youth models, or what. The dealers here just yanked them.. What happens to a dealer if he sells his youth models. Who is going to enforce this crap? Why haven't current owners received info on this...You would think the federal gov't would be more concerned with the models already at homes with kids using them every day..not the bikes for sale in a dealership. I wonder what is really going on here. This is a bunch of horse &^%*.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

I think the government should buy these back at full retail from all individual and dealers if they are making these illegal. If you can't sell one if you have one and you can't get parts, what good are they? When these arebanned then everyone that has one has suffered an economic disaster. Govt would bail out the banker that loaned the money in the first place would they not?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure on this but I think to be able to sell those small quads and be compliant with the law a dealer needs to put a label on the quad stating not for a rider under 12 and have the purchaser sign a doc stating not for a rider under 12 years old.

- brian

Old 03-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

We have had to pull ALL our youth models and store in our warehouse and face a fine of $1800 each IF we try to sell and cant even sell parts for EXISTING sold machines reguardless of age of machine! STUPID I KNOW! The dealer that still has em on his floor is either ignorant,stubborn OR hopeful that soon the law will be reversed! OR located maybe in Canada! Dont think its hit there yet! If the law wasnt in effect until next year we would be selling at BELOW dealer cost just to get rid of em!!! OPT

Old 03-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris,Suzuki,Artic Cat and several other manufactures filed a joint petition with the CPSC back in January seeking relief from the new law. Several other companies followed suit...More info on the law and the Petitons and CPSC responses can be read here:
http://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/cpsia.HTML

Old 03-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer

from what i have read on this does that mean we cant let our kids ride them at all?
also does it mean we cant have them registered again ever?

Old 03-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Just plan Bull ****..Who ever came up with this law needs to be dragged behind one..Good luck trying to get my kid off his on My PRIVATE property, good way to get shot at!

Quick Reply: Dealer Wrong.....?