Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Quadovator 3 light conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Montana Jacks is not twice the amount JumboFrank...its slightly more but you get a well put together, well made product and a switch so you can turn the function off....ever try and haul something on your front rack and have the high beam light glare off of it?? Not fun, so you need the ability to shut that function off....or you might need that top high beam light, and not the bottom two for various reasons. We just like to give our customers choice.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Montana Jacks ATV Outpost
Montana Jacks is not twice the amount JumboFrank...its slightly more but you get a well put together, well made product and a switch so you can turn the function off....ever try and haul something on your front rack and have the high beam light glare off of it?? Not fun, so you need the ability to shut that function off....or you might need that top high beam light, and not the bottom two for various reasons. We just like to give our customers choice.
For those of us who cannot read schematics very well, are the instructions written out, and easy to follow??

Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM

We actually don't have a schematic, its all written out and easy to follow.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
For those of us who cannot read schematics very well, are the instructions written out, and easy to follow??
No schematics, just written out easy to follow instructions. You can either hook up the switch, or leave it out.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

No schematics, just written out easy to follow instructions. You can either hook up the switch, or leave it out.
Thanks. Does this have a diode, or a relay?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Thanks. Does this have a diode, or a relay?
A Diode....

Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

A Diode....

Kool. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Range Rover

The relay option still allows you to run the low beams alone, or the combination of all three. You don't need an extra switch thats harder to reach when you're riding a rough trail, hit some fog or dust and need to turn off the high beam.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MickJP
The relay option still allows you to run the low beams alone, or the combination of all three. You don't need an extra switch thats harder to reach when you're riding a rough trail, hit some fog or dust and need to turn off the high beam.
So, this runs through the factory switch?? I thought the Quadovator does the same thing, if you switch to low, you get low only??

Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

So, this runs through the factory switch?? I thought the Quadovator does the same thing, if you switch to low, you get low only??
I have the three light mod from Quadovator and it does allow for just low beams when you select "low" on the factory handlebar switch. However, when you select "hi" it will turn on all three lights.

From my experience, Quadovator's product is easy to install, they give you solder/crimp splice options and straight forward directions. However, I think my relay burned out on my last ride. It started flickering when I had all three lights on during the night's ride and the next day all three wouldn't come on. So, i have to question the quality of the parts they provide in their kits, but I'm not going to bad mouth them on the whole.

Quick Reply: Quadovator 3 light conversion