Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?

I think the Outlaw will live on in some form. Even if Polaris doesn't already have their own offering in the works, I'm sure they could contract a motor from somewhere. They could even go back to the old 500cc Fuji pretty cheaply(although it probably wouldn't sell a ton of units.)

Old 03-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going back to the 500 would deff not be the way to go. That would be a disaster. Why would anyone in there right mind by one when you could by a Raptor 250 not only keep up with it but smoke it with addition of a few performance parts. All this in a quad half the price of a Outlaw.

Polaris will figure out something as they will have to to compete in the 450 race class!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, you better believe POPO is not sitting on their thumbs on this. The knew their deal was running out, so they have been on this for a while. My Brother in law worked for Polaris for an engineering internship and the Xp was in development in some form for eight years before it showed up. Polaris and Fuji Suburu/ Robin are building a domestic engine factory slated to open this summer. I'm sure this strengthening alliance had plans about KTM moving onward.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

Polaris helped KTM in the develoment of there quads in return they got engines.I think Polaris underestimated the lengths KTM would go to make there machines a winner.The KTM quads come from the factory with 3000$ in aftermarket parts to make there machines the best value in racing.I think if Polaris wants to stay competitive in the open class big bore sport quad market than they need to build a motor that will turn heads and make people turn and look.And it has to go off without a hitch no tranny problems that plagued the Predator.I think they should build a single cam,4 valve,motor in the 700cc range to be a direct competitor with the Raptor 700 and Honda 700xx.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

The Outlaw line is far too important from a marketing standpoint to let die! Racing has become a very large part of ATV marketing, CanAm has proven that! Polaris has invested a pretty good sum of time and $$$ in it's racing program, it would be surpising to see them cut and run!

With that said, with this economy, anything is posible!

Old 03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

jokout is right . polaris has invested alot into racing and they'll probally just copy the ktm engine. they'll change a few things to make sure there is no infringement problems.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

Oh yeah, you better believe POPO is not sitting on their thumbs on this. The knew their deal was running out, so they have been on this for a while. My Brother in law worked for Polaris for an engineering internship and the Xp was in development in some form for eight years before it showed up. Polaris and Fuji Suburu/ Robin are building a domestic engine factory slated to open this summer. I'm sure this strengthening alliance had plans about KTM moving onward.</end quote></div>

When Polaris released their earnings for 08' they talked about 2 new "adjacencies" they were getting into in 09'. The first I believe was the strategic alliance with Bobcat, I'm guessing the 2nd will be that motor plant. No, they won't let the Outlaw die, why do you think they have Rath Racing running outlaws, You race to market, you don't market to race. Like the old saying goes, "Win races Sunday, sell ATVs monday". I just wish Polaris would come out with a new quad to compete against the renegade 800. Not "an updated scrambler", unless it's a new from the ground up Scrambler 4x4 w/4 wheel independent suspension, and the XP 850 powertrain.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

bump

Old 03-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Pro Rider

KTM will sell them more engines. KTM sells engines to other dirt bike makers I sure do not see them turning down a big order. ? is what engine does Polaris want and what engine is KTM willing too sell.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CALDS650

KTM will sell them more engines. KTM sells engines to other dirt bike makers I sure do not see them turning down a big order. ? is what engine does Polaris want and what engine is KTM willing too sell.</end quote></div>

Just speculation on my part, but maybe KTM is looking to sell more of their own quads and need the engines?

Quick Reply: Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?