Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?

Stupid double posts!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider

Well, here is my opinion...

I think that how things will go highly depends on the acceptance of the new KTM powerplant and KTM offerings... meaning the more powerful DOHC versions. If those make up the majority of the sales, I think KTM will sell Polaris some SOHC engines just like they are using now.

Otherwise, I think the competitive Outlaw is dead for a long time. Before KTM polaris had no luck putting together any sort of acceptable package as an american version of the jap sport quads. The 08's were still somewhat klunky in the fit and finish, but had great engines. With that gone, they would be hurting. No way will they make it unless they and Fuji have already been at the drawing board designing a new engine from the ground up.... probably with EFI... Because the Fuji 4 strokes are too weak and too heavy to make it happen as-is.

I don't think I will care anymore either way. I've always rooted Polaris on in their sport ventures. But right now, I think that the best thing that could happen is for Outlaw tech to bleed backwards into their trail-sport and sport-utility lines....

Meaning... light frames and dual a-arm front ends for the Gen III lineup... and maybe sport IRS (Scramblers/Trailblazers)... and maybe a new one with a 5 speed................. and the same for their 500cc & 800cc utilities, making them into sport utilities.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Range Rover

I agree with Duster that it'd be nice to see the scrambler and trailblazer updated w/Outlaw chassis stuff, I'd love a scrambler 4x4 w/ an Outlaw IRS based chassis.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Duster, Polaris/ fuji / robin, are building a state of the art engine facility to produce ALL engines here in the US. They have engines in testing that will make their way into all quads by 2010. Polaris owned 25% of KTM, when the majority shareholder in KTM declined to sell to POPO in 06, POPO dumped 90% of the KTM stock and started the Domestic facility. This is where all the engines that are produced by fuji will now be built, in upgraded form. This new facility will allow Polaris engine engineers more control in design and manufacturing. I'm positive they have a competitve enginr in the works. After all I have a BIL that worked there.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting info Mega, if this is true, I wonder what will become of the Osceola, Wisconsin plant where the Freedom engines are now built? Can you tell use the location of the new plant?